OESPA sponsors the National Distinguished Principal (NDP) Award each year, which honors middle school principals and elementary principals. For members wishing to nominate a colleague, please follow the following guidelines:
National Distinguished Principal
The process for this award begins in January.
- The nominee must be an active elementary and/or middle school principal, and a current member of OESPA.
- Get the application form here. (available November 2014)
- Oregon nominees should complete only pages 3-5 of the application and submit one letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor.
- Mail pages 3-5 and your letter of recommendation to COSA by March 10, 2015.
- The OESPA Executive Committee will select the Oregon winner. That person will then complete the entire application, essays and submit more letters of recommendations. The completed packet will be mailed to NAESP in April.
- The Oregon winner will be honored at the Annual COSA Conference, and the OASSA/OESPA Principals Conference in the fall.
Please direct questions to Sara Nilles: email@example.com
Congratulations to our 2014 OESPA Principal of the Year!
Stephanie Legard, Sue Buel Elementary, McMinnville SD