First day of conference aimed at teacher-administrator teams; following two days focus on leadership
Teacher and administrator teams will come together on the first day of the OASSA/OESPA Annual Principals Conference, "Together We Can," to develop or
enhance building plans for math, writing, behavior and
professional learning communities. The second and third days of the conference, set for January 15-17, 2007, at the Salem Conference Center, will focus on leadership, with keynote speakers and breakout sessions for principals and other administrators.
First-day team workshops will focus on one of four topics:
The second and third days will focus on sharing the best
practices in Oregon so that principals learn to better lead improvement
efforts in academics, school climate and other areas of focus.
Principals will also meet with legislative leaders and experts to learn
how they can more effectively influence state policy and
- "Building the Professional Learning Community: Getting It
Started and Keeping It Going," with acclaimed international speaker and
consultant Pam Robbins
- "How to Implement and Sustain PBS in Your School," with nationally-respected consultant Dr. Dale Myers
- "Planning and Implementing a Quality Writing Program for Your School," with respected researcher and educator Peter Bellamy
Designing Your School/District Mathematics Program to Maximize Student
Success and Meet State Expectations, with the Oregon Math Leaders Cadre
The second day of the conference will kick off
with keynote remarks from Robbins, and will feature special OASSA and
OESPA luncheons and awards ceremonies. Breakout sessions for Tuesday
and Wednesday include:
Supporting Instruction via School-Based Coaches
- 7-Trait Writing for Instruction and Assessment
- Breaking Ranks in the Middle (BRIM): Leading Middle School Reform
- Breaking Ranks II (High School)
- Making Sense of the New Achievement Standards
- Oregon Assessment Update (Doug Kosty)
- ELL Program Models that Serve ELL Students
- Designing your Math Program for Student Success
- And many more
Registration for the full conference and/or the first day only is available online. For more information, please contact Colin Cameron.
The conference is being held at the beautiful, new Salem Conference Center. Click here to make your hotel reservation.
This page was last updated on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 .