Oregon Virtual School District provides update on progress
Oregon Virtual School District (OVSD) has continued to make progress
this summer, Project Manager Marc Eskenas reports. An OVSD
"Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQ) document released today answers a
number of progress-related questions for July, including:
What we have
accomplished so far this summer?
- Continue to gather requirements and construct Portal
- Continue to gather requirements and implement Open Source
- Release RFP for 7-12 Core Instructional Content
- Draft OVSD Rules and Best Practices
- Create Requirements for Portal and Teachers Interactive
Network Help Desk
- Secured an agreement with COSA to distribute OVSD
What is planned for
the rest of the summer?
- Award RFP for Instructional Content and Teacher Training
- Complete and Implement Plan for
OVSD communications to School Districts and
- Beta Test Portal for Release in September
- Beta Test the Interactive Teachers Network Portal donated by
- Implement Course Menu and course Search Engine
- Beta Test Learning Management
System with course content for instruction
- Continue to Evaluate additional
instruction data and Voice Communications Tools
- Release Help Desk RFP
- Submit OVSD Rules and Best Practices to State Board Of
What can I do to help
my school district?
- Become involved with the project. Provide input and
recommendations to the requirements for the Portal and Learning Management
- Join a focus group or sub-committee where we examine items
like e-mail, best practices and professional development. Meetings are held
monthly and should require less than 8 hours of your time each month.
How can I become
This page was last updated on Thursday, August 17, 2006 .