You are here
2020 Statewide Elementary Principals Conference
- Pam Allyn, Senior Vice President of Innovation and Development, Scholastic Education - Bio
- Keynote: "The Power of Story: A Social Emotional Framework to Ensure Equity, Engagement, Growth and Lifelong Learning for Every Student" - Pam Allyn will guide us on a powerful journey to create school environments that sustain and inspire every student to learn to their fullest, become more deeply connected to others and have their voices shine. As a renowned literacy expert, Pam will identify key ways principals can imbue core values for social emotional learning into academic goal setting with the power of story at the core. She will discuss how literacy itself is a power tool for equity and ways to ensure that the stories of the classroom, the teaching practices and resources are culturally and linguistically responsive: every child belongs here.
- Adam Welcome, Author and National Motivational Speaker - Bio, Video Promotion
- Kids Deserve It - Motivational Presentation - Kids Deserve It is a simple yet profound message and we should all join the conversation. Ride the bus with your students, read books to them, ride tricycles with Kindergarten students - stop making excuses and make it happen for your community!
- Gustavo Balderas, Superintendent, Eugene SD (luncheon speaker) "Equity, Access and Leadership" - Bio
- AASA has announced that Gustavo Balderas, Superintendent of the Eugene School District, has been awarded the 2020 National Superintendent of the Year! Balderas was selected as the Oregon Superintendent of the Year in September, automatically qualifying him for consideration for the national award.
- Jessica Sprick, Writer and Trainer, Safe and Civil Schools - Bio
- Disruptive Classroom --> Instructional Classroom: Supporting Effective Classroom Management Practices
66 East 6th Ave
Eugene, OR 97401
Reservations can be made via the reservations line 413-821-3144 and referring to group code COSA0420 or via the booking link: COSA - 2020 Statewide Elementary Principals Conference