Mt. Angel School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Mt. Angel, Oregon
Enrollment: 725 students
Base Salary: $113,000 to $139,000 (plus COLA for 2021-22) annually plus benefits
Closing Date: April 15, 2021
Start Date: July 1, 2021
The Mt. Angel School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Superintendent beginning July 1, 2021. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community. The School Board will offer an annual base salary in the range $113,000 to $139,000 (plus COLA for 2021-22) plus benefits.
About the Position
The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license and will have the following personal and professional qualities:
• Effective communication and listening skills; culturally competent;
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids K-12;
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values;
• Background in teaching and building administration (instructional leadership) preferably in small rural areas similar to the Mt. Angel community;
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind;
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency);
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success;
• Works well with others; strong collaborator that empowers students, staff, parents and community members;
• Highly visible in our community and schools; and
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills.
About the District
The Mt. Angel School District is comprised of approximately 725 students in one K - 5 elementary, one 6th – 8th middle and one 9th – 12th high school. The district employs a staff of 46 certified employees, 35 classified employees, and five administrators. The district has a total budget of approximately $9.8 million and a recently completed capital improvements bond.
About the Community
Mt. Angel is a city with about 3,500 residents located 18 miles northeast of Salem and approximately 40 miles south of Portland, Oregon in the Mid-Willamette Valley. The town is known for being a quaint Bavarian town and home to the world-famous Oktoberfest each September. Mt. Angel also boasts the Mt. Angel Abbey and the Queen of Angels Priory and is near to Silver Falls State Park.
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5 pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
For information regarding the position, contact:
Steve Kelley, Director of Board Development and Executive Searches firstname.lastname@example.org • 503.588.2800 • 800.578.6722 • 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Regarding the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist (OSBA); email@example.com ; 503.400.3047 (direct) ; 800.578.6722 (office); 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Mt. Angel School District is an equal opportunity employer.