Willamette Education Service District is accepting applications for a full-time (40 hours per week) English Learner Specialist - TOSA position; bilingual Spanish preferred. Successful candidate will work as a member of the School Improvement Services Department and will follow a 190-day calendar. This position will be based at the Willamette ESD Marion Center in Salem, OR and will begin as soon as possible upon conclusion of the selection process.
Salary: $47,727 - $79,871
APPLY ON OUR COMPANY SITE:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Attend meetings and work as a member of a statewide team of 5-10 members, to collaborate and share best practices and resources for English learners.
● Meet and communicate with the ODE about needs and progress of districts on a regular basis with annual reflection on progress challenges and successes.
● Meet with ESD leads to coordinate and approve efforts relating to assigned school
● Meet with school district leaders to identify their ELL leads, contacts, create, implement, and analyze a needs assessment survey for the districts to assist in
creating service action plans. Manage and interpret data for districts.
● Create an action plan, budget, calendar of supports, and smart goals for each district (with ODE support).
● Consults with district leaders about best practices for English learners.
● Supports districts with professional development.
● Provide coaching, consultation, modeling, and observation for teachers specific to instructional strategies for English learners Assist and lead districts in facilitating with parent involvement activities
● Collect, manage and interpret district EL data on a regular basis
● This position requires daytime travel and some overnight, in-state travel. As a member of the statewide team, reflect regarding progress, challenges
● Performs other duties as assigned
View full job description: