Willamette Education Service District is accepting applications for a full-time (40 hours per week) Speech/Language Specialist position. Successful candidate will work as a member of the Special Education Department's Regional/K-12 Program, and will follow a 190-day calendar. This position will be based at the Willamette ESD Marion Center in Salem, OR and will begin August 30, 2021.
Salary: $48,562 - $81,269
APPLY ON OUR COMPANY SITE:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Displays knowledge of, or is able to research etiology, characteristics and prognosis of speech/language disabilities and disorders.
2. Develops and adapts materials.
3. Designs and implements appropriate services and provide evaluation, consultation and/or direct instruction.
4. Facilitates appropriate first response interventions and, when necessary, referrals for additional services.
5. Writes necessary assessment summaries and recommendations in a clear, informative and timely manner.
6. Screens, evaluates and interprets evaluations of students with potential communication disorders.
7. Upon referral, completes screen in voice, oral, motor, language, fluency, articulation and hearing.
8. Provides information, consultation and in-service training.
9. Consults with physicians and other professionals when necessary to acquire information.
10. Provides consultation services to Local Education Agency (LEA) staff, Education Service District (ESD) staff, community agencies and families of children/students with communication disorders.
11. Communicates clearly and effectively in a variety of situations, including difficult ones, with agency staff, school district staff and the public.
12. Works with teams to have therapy generalized in other settings.
13. Identifies professional strengths and limitations and sets and meets performance goals.
14. Creates a positive work environment by:
a. Tolerating others' points of view
b. Soliciting input from others
c. Resolving conflict at the lowest level possible
d. Responding effectively to crisis situations
15. Follows Willamette ESD procedures, especially as outlined in the Staff Handbook, and assists
support staff to do the same.
16. Adheres to professional ethics as identified by the agency, professional organizations and
17. Provides direction and support to instructional assistants, speech-language instructional
assistants, student teachers or practicum students as assigned.
18. Consults and directs service provisions.
19. Determine in-service training needs and facilitates in-service provisions.
View full job description: