Willamette Education Service District is accepting applications for a full-time (40 hours per week) Custodian position. Successful candidate will work as a member of the Facilities Department and will follow a 190-day calendar. This position will be based at the Willamette ESD Early Childhood Center Center in Salem, OR and will begin as soon as possible upon conclusion of the selection process.
Hourly Rate: $16.31 - $20.88 per hour
APPLY ON OUR COMPANY SITE:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates proficiency in planning, organizing and coordinating assigned tasks.
2. Monitors supplies to ensure sufficient quantities to perform tasks.
3. Monitors equipment to ensure availability and workability to perform tasks.
4. Reviews room use schedules to determine set-up, take-down and clean-up needs.
5. Follows written cleaning schedule to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
6. Works with limited supervision.
7. Receives and completes work orders.
8. Sweeps, mops, scrubs and/or vacuums hallways, stairs, restrooms, kitchen, and all other
rooms. Strips, waxes and buffs floors. (according to WESD standards and methods)
9. Cleans furniture, woodwork, windows and carpets.
10. Sets up and takes down tables, chairs and equipment for meetings.
11. Removes debris from grounds.
12. Performs minor repairs.
13. Requests supplies and equipment repair according to appropriate processes.
14. Maintains buildings and grounds in a manner that contributes to the safety and well-being of
occupants and users.
15. Secures premises by patrolling property:
a. Securing each exterior and interior door
b. Secures Bays and other buildings
c. Guests or employees of the Agency exit the building prior to the end of the evening shift
d. Reports observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities to supervisor,
administration and/or local law enforcement.
16. Identifies professional strengths and limitations and sets and meets performance goals.
17. Creates a positive work environment by:
a. Tolerating others' points of view
b. Soliciting input from others
c. Resolving conflict at the lowest level possible
d. Responding effectively to crisis situations
18. Follows Willamette ESD procedures, especially as outlined in the Staff Handbook, and assists
support staff to do the same.
19. Communicates clearly and effectively in a variety of situations, including difficult ones, with
agency staff, district staff and the public.
20. Maintains positive public relations; demonstrates effective written and verbal communication
skills, and acts as a team player.
21. Must bring issues of non-compliance to the attention of the District.
VIEW FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: