1.0 FTE on a 260 day work calendar
Location: Albany, OR
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Applications are available at http://www.lblesd.k12.or.us/employment
A complete application consists of
Three current letters of reference
Copy of University Transcripts (Successful candidates will be required to provide official transcripts before completion of the hiring process)
Copy of License, if required
TITLE: OAESD PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR
260 Day Calendar
This innovative administrative position shapes the work of a statewide association and partners with the nineteen different education service districts (ESDs) across the state. The program administrator’s primary leadership responsibility is to assist with the design, planning, implementation, and evaluation of statewide ESD activities, projects, and initiatives. A focus on equity serves as a foundation for these leadership opportunities. This far- reaching work is collaborative with ODE and other state-level agencies whose work has impact on ESDs. As the supportive services between the Oregon Association of Education Service Districts (OAESD) and its nineteen constituent agencies evolve, the influence and impact of this position will grow and evolve as well.
1. Master’s degree in Education required.
2. TSPC Professional Administrator License preferred but not required.
3. Demonstrated experience of excellent educational leadership at the building, district, regional and/or state level.
4. ESD/ESA administration (preferred).
5. Working knowledge of Oregon’s system of ESDs, K-12 school districts, and Department of Education.
6. Understanding of Oregon’s system of regional delivery of education services.
7. Demonstrated experience of excellent interpersonal communication and public relations skills to include effective written and verbal skills.
8. Ability to work as an integrated team member, capable of functioning positively with stakeholders and partners.
9. In lieu of above Minimum Qualifications, OAESD may consider alternative education and work experiences relevant to Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities.
OAESD Executive Director
This position has the following expectations and prerequisite abilities.
1. Maintain a high level of confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, FERPA and adherence to the competent and ethical educator practices.
2. Maintain compliance with state and federal laws governing all aspects of our agency including ORSs, OARs, IDEA, FOIA and CIPA.
3. Promotion of equity and diversity in all settings and understanding and commitment to anti-racist principles.
4. Ability to work independently, prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
5. Demonstrates flexibility and a professional disposition in working with co-workers, Association partners and the public.
6. Demonstrates exceptional skills in building and maintaining a positive culture, consensus building, and effective and efficient team facilitation.
7. Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
8. Present self and LBL in a professional manner including maintaining professional dress standards.
9. Provide own transportation to numerous settings within a flexible work schedule that may include evenings and occasional overnight stays.
10. Ability to sit for extended periods of time in a vehicle or work setting.
11. Utilize teleservice platform to provide services to educators, students and district staff as directed.
12. Conduct oneself in accordance with the Standards for Competent and Ethical Performance of Oregon Educators.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, and duties associated with the position. The supervisor of this position may modify this list at any time it’s deemed necessary.
1. Assist and coordinate services to successfully achieve Association goals.
2. Partner with and take direction from the OAESD Executive Director.
3. Assist and administer statewide ESD-led activities, projects and initiatives, including the Association’s focus on equity and racial justice.
4. Facilitate meetings of job-alike staff from individual ESDs as appropriate for effective implementation of statewide initiatives in which ESDs are involved, and carry out activities and functions of these groups as appropriate.
5. Establish and facilitate regular meetings of the project leads and staff responsible for the regional implementation of ESD-led activities, projects, and initiatives.
6. Liaison with ODE and/or other partners in the implementation of statewide ESD-led activities, projects, and initiatives.
7. Maintain communication between Executive Director, Program Cabinet, Superintendent Council, Governance Council and partner agencies including ODE on ESD-led initiatives.
8. Provide recommendations to the Program Council regarding objectives, outcomes, subcontracts and funding distribution for statewide ESD-led activities, projects and initiatives.
9. In collaboration with the Executive Director, assist with the operations, activities and functions of the Program Cabinet.
10. Make application or otherwise respond to requests for information or proposals from ODE and other entities at the direction of the Program Cabinet.
11. Provide leadership and technical assistance to ESD superintendents and staff in the implementation of statewide ESD-led activities, projects, and initiatives.
12. Serve as resource for ESD superintendents in their relationship with local districts and other ESD superintendents on matters pertaining to ESD-led activities, projects, and initiatives.
13. Assist with professional development opportunities, including conferences and workshops, for ESD staff and regional partners pertaining to statewide ESD-led initiatives.
Salary and benefit information shown are based on full-time employment (1.0 FTE) based on the current school year
Placement on the Linn Benton Lincoln ESD Administrative salary schedule will be commensurate with applicant’s qualifications, relevant training, and experience
Linn Benton Lincoln ESD will provide an Insurance CAP to assist with health, dental and vision insurance premiums
Employer paid PERS, holidays, sick leave and personal days are also provided
260 day Administrators also receive vacation
Employer paid Life Insurance 1 x annual salary
Employer paid Basic AD&D and Long Term Disability
Cell Phone/Data Stipend
Oregon Educators Benefit Board (OEBB) provides insurance to school and education service district employees
Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
LBLESD contributes a monthly CAP/Pool to help offset insurance cost
Health Savings Accounts for high deductible plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
Carriers offered are:
Willamette Dental Group
PERS – Public Employee Retirement System
For more information visit: state.or.us
LBLESD pays the 6% employee contribution on behalf of each employee
Up to 24 hours
Up to 96 hours
Sick Leave Bank
Employees may opt to donate one day of sick leave to become a member of the Sick Leave Bank
Members may request leave from the sick leave bank in the event of a catastrophic illness or injury
Professional Development Opportunities
LBLESD hosts a variety of training classes
First Aid/CPR classes offered onsite
Includes workshops and conferences
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact Human Resources at 541-812-2624 for additional information and assistance.
Linn Benton Lincoln ESD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference by submitting with their completed application a copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) or a letter from the US Dept. of Veteran's Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension as verification of eligibility. Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their veteran's disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.