4 hours per day on a 190 day work calendar. (approximately .343 FTE)
Locaton: Dixie School
This is a part-time position
Join our talented team of providers to work in theraputic and community based preschool classrooms to support children with special needs.
Employees working with our Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education Program will need to be enrolled in the Oregon Department of Education Central Background Registry. Individuals may be hired, but are unable to start work until verification of enrollment in the Registry is complete. Upon hire LBL will assist with the registration process.
To apply, please visit http://www.lblesd.k12.or.us/employment
INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT II – EARLY INTERVENTION/EARLY CHILDHOOD SPECIAL EDUCATION (EI/ECSE)
1. At least 18 years of age.
2. High School Diploma or equivalent.
3. Relevant college level course work preferred.
4. Three years experience working with children in paid or volunteer capacity.
5. Working knowledge of developmental and physical disabilities in children.
6. Experience working as a member of a teaching team.
7. Effective oral and written communication skills.
8. Working knowledge of computer programs including word processing and data bases.
9. Valid Oregon Driver’s License and available transportation.
10. Meet requirements of finger-print-based criminal history record verification.
11. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the LBL Board of Directors/Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable
Early Intervention / Early Childhood Special Education Program Administrator
Support teachers and related professionals in providing a safe and effective classroom environment and in implementing each child’s “Individualized Family Service Plan.”
The duties listed below are not inclusive, but characteristic of the type and level of work assigned for this position. Individual employees may perform all or some combination of the duties listed below as well as other related duties.
1. Carry-out specialist’s plans for instruction during individual and small group activities.
2. Carry-out specialist’s plans for children in community preschool settings.
3. Assist in implementation of behavior programs.
4. Assist in lifting physically disabled children.
5. Work with children to improve eating, dressing, hygiene and toileting skills.
6. Stimulate language through receptive and expressive language programs, and/or augmentative communication strategies.
7. Facilitate peer interaction.
8. Keep data as required by the specialist.
9. Keep teaching materials and other equipment in order.
10. Prepare bulletin boards, room decorations and other materials as requested.
11. Keep attendance records.
12. Follow nursing/feeding protocols as trained, which may include administering medication and recording seizure activity.
13. Assist with playground and bus duty.
14. Complete data entry, typing and filing as requested by the specialist.
15. Assist in Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) paperwork preparation and completion.
16. Maintain regular attendance at work. Be punctual in meeting deadlines, attending meetings and following schedules.
17. Work well within a team. Promote good staff morale and put team needs above individual needs.
18. Collaborate with others to complete tasks and solve problems in a positive manner
19. Communicate effectively in a courteous, tactful and professional manner.
1. Participate in in-service training and professional growth opportunities as assigned.
2. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
3. Demonstrate a commitment to promoting equity and diversity.
4. Maintain professional dress standards.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Strength and agility to assist children with special needs.
2. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
3. Must be able to kneel, crouch, sit on the floor and on child sized furniture while working with children.
4. Ability to provide own transportation to school, preschools, community settings, as deemed necessary.
5. Must be able to work on the floor and return to a standing position repeatedly.
6. Ability to use a computer for word processing and data entry.