1.0 FTE 260 day work calendar
Location: Albany, OR
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Applications are available at http://www.lblesd.k12.or.us/employment
A complete application consists of
Complete online Application through TalentEd
3 current letters of recommendation
Copy of Transcripts (Successful candidates will be required to provide official transcripts
before completion of the hiring process), if applicable
Copy of License, if applicable
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II – Special Projects
This position has an integral role in navigating the ever changing requirements and tasks related to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a key member the cabinet support team, this role works closely with the highest ranking positions in the agency and has as a high degree of confidentiality, responsibility, and independence. Additionally, as a member of the HR support team, this role will support the CHRO with organizing, facilitating and implementing key HR functions that maintain an effective and efficient agency.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two years of successful administrative assistant experience.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and skills using word processing, database, and spreadsheet software with knowledge of publishing software, with a high level of accuracy.
4. Demonstrated effective communication skills, including use of telecommunication systems.
5. Working knowledge of basic office procedures and the operation of common office equipment and machines.
6. Ability to understand and follow oral and written directives.
7. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the LBL Board of Directors/Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
Chief Human Resources Officer/Assistant Superintendent
This position has the following expectations and requisite abilities.
1. Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment in protecting or releasing confidential information.
2. Demonstrates ability to communicate with credibility and confidentiality, in written and verbal form; manages and delivers effective customer service.
3. Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities, workload and deadlines.
4. Independently perform work of a regular and/or recurring nature within broadly defined practices/procedures as well as quickly adapting to changing priories, deadlines and dealing with unexpected situations.
5. Maintain a high level of confidentiality in accordance HIPAA, FERPA and adherence to the competent and ethical educator practices.
6. Maintain compliance with state and federal laws governing all aspects of our agency including ORSs, OARs, IDEA, FOIA and CIPA.
7. Promotion of equity and diversity in all settings and understanding and commitment to anti-racists principles.
8. Demonstrates flexibility and a professional disposition in working with co-workers, constituent district personnel, and the public.
9. Present self and LBL in a professional manner including maintaining professional dress standards.
10. Provide own transportation to numerous settings within a flexible work schedule that may include evenings and occasional overnight stays.
11. Ability to lift, carry or transport up to 25 pounds and sit for extended periods of time in a vehicle or work setting.
12. Maintain regular attendance at work. Be punctual in meeting deadlines, attending meetings and following schedules.
The duties listed below are not inclusive, but characteristic of the type and level of work assigned for this position. Individual employees may perform all or some combination of the duties listed below as well as other related duties.
1. Monitor entry screening, staff contract tracing and report as needed to the local county health authorities.
2. Act as a resource for administration and staff on the necessary reporting requirements by county and state regarding vaccinated/unvaccinated individuals who have suspected or presumptive exposure to COVID-19.
3. Assist in monitoring and communicating to administration the Governor’s directions, CDC, OSHA, OHA, and ODE recommendations, requirements protocols and data.
4. Update agency website to include the most current agency communication.
5. Assist in updating state COVID-19 documents, plans and related notices/communications to staff.
6. Attend training for COVID-19 rapid testing offered for educational settings. Coordinate all aspects of this testing including: ordering materials, registering staff, administering the testing and reporting the results to the necessary entities.
7. Schedule and attend COVID-19 accommodation meetings and assist with notetaking and distributions of documents.
8. Assist in gathering, monitoring vaccine mandate documentation and schedule exception meetings.
9. Schedule and attend ADA accommodation meetings and assist with notetaking and distribution of documents.
10. Assist with coverage for HR Information Services Specialist duties when requested.
11. Work cooperatively with the other support staff at Linn Benton Lincoln ESD and respond to appropriate work requests.
12. Respond to telephone calls professionally and process messages on a timely, accurate basis.
13. Work well within a team. Promote good staff morale and put team needs above individual needs.
14. Collaborate with others to complete tasks and solve problems in a positive manner
15. Communicate effectively in a courteous, tactful and professional manner.
Salary and Benefit Information
Salary and benefit information shown are based on full-time employment (1.0 FTE) based on the current school year
Placement on the Linn Benton Lincoln ESD Classified salary schedule will be commensurate with applicant’s qualifications, relevant training, and experience
Linn Benton Lincoln ESD will provide an Insurance CAP to assist with health, dental and vision insurance premiums
Employer paid PERS, holidays, sick leave and personal days are also provided
Employer paid Life Insurance 1 x annual salary
Employer paid Basic AD&D and Long Term Disability
Cell Phone/Data Stipend
Oregon Educators Benefit Board (OEBB) provides insurance to school and education service district employees
Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
LBLESD contributes a monthly CAP/Pool to help offset insurance cost
Health Savings Accounts for high deductible plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
Carriers offered are:
Willamette Dental Group
PERS – Public Employee Retirement System
For more information visit: state.or.us
LBLESD pays the 6% employee contribution on behalf of each employee
Up to 24 hours
Up to 96 hours
Sick Leave Bank
Employees may opt to donate one day of sick leave to become a member of the Sick Leave Bank
Members may request leave from the sick leave bank in the event of a catastrophic illness or injury
Doctor Appointment Leave
Up to 3 hours per month
Professional Development Opportunities
LBLESD hosts a variety of training classes
First Aid/CPR classes offered onsite
Includes workshops and conferences
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact Human Resources at 541-812-2624 for additional information and assistance.
Linn Benton Lincoln ESD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference by submitting with their completed application a copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) or a letter from the US Dept. of Veteran's Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension as verification of eligibility. Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their veteran's disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.