Willamette Education Service District is accepting applications for a part-time (35 hours per week) Instructional Assistant - EI.ECSE position. Successful candidate will work as a member of the Special Education Department and will follow a 187-day calendar. This position will be based at the Willamette ESD Early Childhood Center in Salem, OR and will begin August 26, 2022.
Hourly Rate: $17.16-$21.99* per hour (*Salaries shown are based upon 2019-2022 classified bargaining agreement; and are subject to change based upon the outcome of new bargaining agreement.)
APPLY ON OUR COMPANY SITE:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates proficiency in planning, organizing and coordinating assigned tasks.
2. Follows and maintains knowledge of all WESD policies and procedures.
3. Assists students, individually or in groups, in both academic and non-academic activities.
4. Works directly with students with a variety of special needs.
5. Assists licensed staff in administering progress monitoring, formative and summative assessments, and other tests as directed by the teacher or administrator.
6. Assists in implementing Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) and/or Individual Education Plan (IEP) modifications at teacher’s request.
7. Supports students in typical classroom(s) in achieving instructional, behavioral goals, providing supplemental support, and offering translation as needed.
8. Assists staff in scheduling appropriate meetings, completion of paperwork, written correspondence and telephone calls to parents when requested
9. Supervises students and maintains discipline in the absence of the teacher during classroom activities in a variety of school settings, on field trips and at lunch and recess, ensuring safety and security at all times.
10. Supports licensed staff in maintaining student records, attendance records and files.
11. Maintains safe environment for students at all times.
12. Follows prescribed daily schedule as outlined by licensed staff
View full job description: