David Douglas School District #40 - Portland, OR
Job Title: MECP Program Administrator
1 Position Available
Job Posting Duration: Open Until Filled
Position Start Date: July 1, 2022
Reports To: Associate Director of EI/ECSE
Job Purpose Statements: To supervise staff in the planning and implementation of direct and indirect services to students enrolled in Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education Programs. General duties may include hiring, observation and evaluation of staff, program development and evaluation, management and communication of written reports, policies and procedures and to adhere to all requirements under federal and state laws pertaining to Special Education.
Essential Job Functions:
• Supervise and evaluate assigned licensed, certificated and classified staff and implement progressive discipline principles, if needed.
• Lead and guide activities and decisions with a racial and cultural equity mindset and lens.
• Direct and review the staff scheduling, assessment, instructional activities and report writing activities for students referred for evaluation.
• Plan, implement and evaluate staff development activities based upon identified staff needs, changes in state/federal laws, and projected trends in regular, special education, and early childhood services.
• Supervise the planning and implementation of Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSP) and related due process mandates provided by TSPC licensed, State licensed and classified personnel.
• Oversee and assist in the writing and review, evaluation and revision at least annually of the goals for each program assigned to the supervisor.
• Oversee personnel changes, recruit, interview, and recommend for hire, staff according to the District staff selection process as needed or requested.
• Work cooperatively with local school district, community agencies, and state agencies, to appropriately implement and coordinate student services.
• Establish and monitor procedures for the selection and purchase of evaluation instruments, protocols, adaptive equipment, instructional materials and curriculum for assigned programs.
• Communicate and monitor the district and department policies and procedures regarding staff responsibilities as related to their individual job descriptions.
• Communicate effectively with school personnel, parents, other professionals, advisory groups, in order to serve referred and enrolled students, plan for and operate services.
• Participate in ongoing professional growth activities to enhance knowledge and skills related to instructional service delivery models; accommodations and adaptations for students with disabilities; and supervisory practices.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director which are indicated to assure effective program outcomes.
• Adhere to the policies of the district and procedures of the department and/or section.
Other Job Functions:
• Act as a resource person.
• Attend staff and administrative meetings.
• Maintain records and write reports.
• Conduct parent conferences as needed.
Experience Preferred: Newly licensed administrators encouraged to apply.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
• Ability to objectively evaluate and document student learning, staff performance and the achievement of program objectives.
• To have the emotional and physical stamina to perform duties as required by the designated task, except for temporary disability.
• Knowledge, training or experience in computer-assisted instruction, instructional computer software, computer hardware, data processing, word processing and programming.
• Training or experience in writing, compiling, editing, organizing and implementing.
Educations/Licenses Required: Master’s Degree. Current Administrator License; valid driver's license and evidence of insurability; and Criminal Justice fingerprint clearance.
The David Douglas School District welcomes applications from candidates that expand the District's diversity.
Terms of Employment: 260 days per year. Salary to be established by the Board (Level C).
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
David Douglas School District Drug Testing and Criminal Background Check
Per district policy all offers of employment shall be contingent upon the successful passing of a district required drug test and criminal background check. David Douglas School District’s Human Resources will designate where and when the testing will be conducted. The offer of employment will be withdrawn from candidates who test positive for drugs.
David Douglas School District is An Equal Opportunity Employer