Willamette Education Service District is accepting applications for a full-time (40 hours per week) Program Coordinator- EI.ECSE position. Successful candidate will work as a member of the Special Education Department and will follow a 240-day calendar. This position will be located at Willamette ESD's Marion Center or Yamhill Center, and will begin July 1, 2023.
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) administrative/non-represented position.
Placement on the Willamette ESD administrative salary schedule, $99,483 - $119,001, will be commensurate with applicant’s qualifications, relevant training and experience, and prorated according to start date. Salary and benefits shown are based upon full-time employment (1.0 FTE) for the entire school year contract period.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides supervision and leadership to build a strong and collaborative team.
• Advocates and promotes the importance of Special Education Programs to WESD community partners, school district staff and families.
• Supports positive partnerships between WESD program administrators and staff.
• Supervises, evaluates and supports a variety of designated staff, following established agency guidelines.
• Collaborates in the design and implementation of program planning and in-service training as the position and circumstances require.
• Teams with other administrator in securing and maintaining safe and appropriate facilities appropriate for a variety of program staff and children to utilize.
• Ensures that procedures for ESD staff and district staff follow procedures that provide children with appropriate services from initial intake to transition.
• Develops budget recommendations and provides expenditure control on established budget for designated programs.
• Represents the Willamette ESD by attending and participating in local and state meetings and activities, including local advisory groups.
• Assists in the recruitment, selection, and recommendation for hiring personnel.
• Oversees completion of various reports required by federal, state, and regional programs.
• Acts as administrative representative from Willamette ESD at various special education meetings on specific students or related topics.
• Acts as a liaison between the executive director, districts, and program staff.
• Establishes positive rapport with partner and surrounding school district staff. Maintains a cooperative working relationship between the Willamette ESD and the districts.
• Serves as a member of WESD’s Administrative Team, working cooperatively and collaboratively using good interpersonal skills to support the organizational goals established by the Superintendent.
• Provides prompt responses to requests for information about the services and policies of the Special Education Department.
• Maintains close contact with districts by school visitation, visibility, and availability.
• Keeps informed on legal requirements governing birth-21 special education and eligibility.
• Oversees the smooth functioning of WESD building sites as determined by the Director.
• Background in supervising behavior programs/schools, program development in behavior, mental health and life skills programs/classrooms.
• Previous experience in bringing forth major change or programmatic best practices to a school/class setting. • Ability and experience interfacing with district representatives, providing training in research and evidence based practices.
Applications must be submitted at: https://willamette.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=5985