1.0 FTE on a 260 day work calendar
Location: Albany, OR
Comparable salary and benefits package
A complete application consists of:
3 current letters of reference
Copy of All University Transcripts (Successful candidates will be required to provide official transcripts before completion of the hiring process)
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be the one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact the Executive Human Resource Officer, Kate Marrone: firstname.lastname@example.org. to discuss your application.
The Controller holds an integral role in the business department. Leading a staff of four professionals, this position not only is a trusted collaborator and advisor to the Executive Financial Officer, but also supports all the accounting, auditing, and fiscal service functions for the organization. In this role, you serve as a senior manager and member of the Superintendent’s leadership counsel. The Controller is provided broad directives to accomplish institutional goals and operates with a commensurate amount of both authority and autonomy to do so.
1. Command and understanding of accounting principles and functionality typically demonstrated by individuals with five years of progressively responsible and relevant accounting experience supported by either a Bachelor’s Degree or robust educational credentials / certifications in the fields of accounting or business administration.
2. A minimum of two years of direct supervisory experience of professional staff, with a dedication towards actively promoting a positive working environment based in principles of trust, equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
3. Working knowledge of Federal and State laws related to payroll, local budget law, and GASB.
4. Direct or highly transferrable skills and experience in governmental accounting with emphasis in local budget law, Medicaid billing processes, public purchasing laws, and fund accounting.
5. CPA or CMA highly valued.
6. Such alternatives to certain above qualifications may apply as deemed appropriate by the Superintendent and/or Board of Directors.
This position has the following expectations and prerequisite abilities:
1. Promotion of equity and diversity in all settings and understanding and commitment to anti-racists principles.
2. Maintain a high level of confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, FERPA and adherence to the competent and ethical educator practices.
3. Maintain compliance with state and federal laws governing all aspects of our agency including ORS, OAR, IDEA, FOIA, and CIPA.
4. Exceptional prioritization of tasks, timely completion of work assignments, ability to take the initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Demonstrates respectful, flexible and effective teambuilding skills of cooperation, communication and active participation.
6. Present self and LBL in a professional manner including: in oral and written communication, professional disposition when working with others and maintaining professional dress standards.
7. Ability to understand and follow oral and written directives, find requested data and present in user-friendly formats for internal and public distribution.
8. Maintain regular attendance at work. Be punctual in meeting deadlines, attending meetings, and following schedules.
9. Utilize teleservice platform to provide services to educators, students and district staff as directed.
10. Ability to lift, carry at least 25 pounds.
11. Ability to sit for extended periods of time in a vehicle or work setting.
12. Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment in protecting or releasing confidential information.
13. Excellent planning and organizational skills and successful experience managing competing high-level priorities and meeting deadlines.
14. Provide own transportation to numerous settings within a flexible work schedule that may include evenings and occasional overnight stays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills and duties associated with this position. The supervisor of this position may modify this list at any time it’s deemed necessary.
1. Partner with the EFO to carry out administration of all business services for LBL and districts who receive contracted services.
2. Collaborate with the EFO to provide leadership to the business office and component districts to assure efficient and effective services to component districts and other agencies/districts.
3. Provide assistance to EFO to regularly supervise, direct and evaluate program staff providing support, opportunities, coaching and guiding for professional growth, in accordance with LBL policies and procedures.
4. Provide contract services and training to internal and external customers.
5. Prepare or direct the preparation of financial statements, indirect cost allocation plans, maintenance of effort and other reports as assigned; operating in accordance with state and district standards, generally accepted accounting principles, and applicable laws.
6. Assist with management of the adopted budget.
7. Act as liaison between various agencies/entities and LBL as necessary.
8. Manage certain purchasing, risk management and audit preparation as needed.
9. Oversee internal auditing system to accuracy of financial data.
Salary and benefit information shown are based on full-time employment (1.0 FTE) based on the current school year
Placement on the Linn Benton Lincoln ESD Administrative salary schedule will be commensurate with applicant’s qualifications, relevant training, and experience
Linn Benton Lincoln ESD will provide an Insurance CAP to assist with health, dental and vision insurance premiums
Employer paid PERS, holidays, sick leave and personal days are also provided
260 day Administrators also receive vacation
Employer paid Life Insurance 1 x annual salary
Employer paid Basic AD&D and Long Term Disability
Cell Phone/Data Stipend
Oregon Educators Benefit Board (OEBB) provides insurance to school and education service district employees
Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
LBLESD contributes a monthly CAP/Pool to help offset insurance cost
Health Savings Accounts for high deductible plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
Carriers offered are:
Willamette Dental Group
PERS – Public Employee Retirement System
For more information visit: state.or.us
LBLESD pays the 6% employee contribution on behalf of each employee
Up to 24 hours
Up to 96 hours
Sick Leave Bank
Employees may opt to donate one day of sick leave to become a member of the Sick Leave Bank
Members may request leave from the sick leave bank in the event of a catastrophic illness or injury
Professional Development Opportunities
LBLESD hosts a variety of training classes
First Aid/CPR classes offered onsite
Includes workshops and conferences
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact Human Resources at 541-812-2624 for additional information and assistance.
Linn Benton Lincoln ESD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference by submitting with their completed application a copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) or a letter from the US Dept. of Veteran's Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension as verification of eligibility. Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their veteran's disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.