This is a Full Time-Regular position
Salary Range $19.06 to $21.60/hr.
This posting will remain open until filled. Only those applicants invited to interview will be contacted. You can apply for this position and monitor the status of this vacancy by visiting our website at: www.hoodriver.k12.or.us. Position will begin immediately.
Complete an electronic TalentEd/Recruit & Hire application. Include the following:
• Letter of interest to Tod Hilstad, District Technology Director;
• Current resume;
• Three (3) recent letters of reference;
• Unofficial college transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hire);
• Copies of any relevant certifications.
The job of Computer Support Technician is to serve as the first level of support for district staff and students experiencing problems with the use of computer related technologies. This position provides telephone and remote management troubleshooting. Performs Helpdesk services and resolves support requests and works cooperatively with other computer support technicians to resolve computer related technology issues. This position is supervised by the Technology Director.
The Computer Service Technician supports district departments, schools, students and staff in the integration, use, and maintenance of their computer-based technology through site support and helpdesk assistance.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work helpdesk support on regular basis, taking phone requests and responding to service request tickets from users regarding questions or problems in the use of district technology.
• Troubleshoots problems with district technology, either by phone or by taking remote control of the user desktop.
• Responds to inquiries, requests for assistance, and resolves problems related to the use of technology, refers unsolved problems to the Computer Service Coordinator.
• Provides information to users on the operation of software applications as well as access
• Assists in the monitoring of building and department computer licensure.
• Deploys and upgrades computers and peripherals as needed.
• Relocates and modifies computers and peripherals to different locations as needed.
• Repair, maintain, analyze and troubleshoot hardware/software systems.
• Assist in troubleshooting Internet and network connectivity.
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance to meet the needs of the District.
• Maintain inventories of hardware, software and licenses as needed, along with completing necessary paperwork, records, and documentation.
• Designs and conducts user training sessions.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
• Computer skills in trouble-shooting, repair and upgrade. Experience in installing and supporting Windows/Linux/Macintosh operating systems in an enterprise environment.
• Provides a high level of support to users of technology equipment in the school, including computers, projectors, cameras, and video equipment.
• Abilities to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, maintain confidentiality of staff and student records, meet schedules and deadlines, read/interpret/apply rules, regulations, policies, rapidly learn methods and materials used in a variety of instructional situations.
• Possess an instructional level of knowledge of current Microsoft and Apple operating systems, compatible applications, and hosting hardware.
• Diagnostic and repair skills of both PC and Macintosh platforms.
• Ability to work with TCP/IP networking concepts.
• Working knowledge of use and configuration of email applications.
• Ability to be flexible and accommodating to changing situations and processes.
• Adhere to safety practices and work within time constraints; providing a high level of customer service at all times, projecting and maintaining a positive image on behalf of the District and those contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to handle multiple conflicting priorities, continuously prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and situations and to respond to unexpected changes.
• Be an excellent communicator and have the ability to lessen anxiety of staff or students having difficulty with technology.
Job Requirements - Qualifications
Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of an Associates Degree in a computer/technology related field.
Experience: A+ Certification preferred. At least two years of working in a technology related field or providing technology services in a school district. Bilingual English/Spanish skills helpful.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: A+ Certification preferred; Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance and Employer Drug and/or Alcohol Testing; current Driver’s License.
Certificates & Licenses: A+ Certification preferred. Valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability.
Testing: Pre-employment, post offer drug testing and physical ability testing; Nation-wide criminal justice fingerprint clearance.
Working Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions requires the following significant physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; significant reaching, handling, fingering and/or feeling. Generally the job requires 60% sitting, 15% walking and 25% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations, some hazardous conditions (e.g. mechanical, cuts,
burns, infectious disease, high decibel noise, etc.), and varying atmospheric conditions. The position may occasionally require work beyond the standard work day or on weekends. Use of personal vehicle to travel between schools may be required.
HOOD RIVER COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Disabled persons may contact Hood River County School District at 541/387-5016 for additional information or assistance. Speech or hearing impaired persons may contact Hood River County School District for assistance through the Oregon
Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 1-800-735-2900.