Location: Central Point, Oregon
Sponsor District: Medford SD
Enrollment: 240 students
Closing date: open until filled
Employment begins: July 1, 2019, or earlier
About the school:
Madrone Trail Public Charter School was founded in 2007 and has grown to a full K-8 program. Our school has a focused commitment to offering a Waldorf curriculum with integrity. The parent body is actively engaged in the life of the school. The school is located on a 7-acre campus in a semi-rural setting, in the beautiful Rogue Valley. The valley is home to culturally-rich Ashland and historic Jacksonville. The area is approximately a 2 1/2 hour drive from the coast, 1 hour from a ski resort and surrounded by the natural beauty of the scenic Pacific Northwest mountains and rivers. The Rogue Valley offers year round outdoor activities, theater, live music and great restaurants.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Experience in positions of leadership in a Waldorf and/or charter school.
• Waldorf training and previous experience as a class teacher.
• Familiarity with applicable laws pertaining to public charter schools.
• Familiarity with laws and processes pertaining to special needs students.
• Proficient understanding of and experience with financial sustainability and budget development.
• Experience working with and/or fundraising for a non-profit organization.
• Recognized human resource skills and capacity to work collaboratively.
• Proven capacity to manage thoughtfully and effectively, to delegate wisely and to interact with the faculty, board, and parent body to build a community based on trust and transparency.
• Excellent communication skills, an ability to build authentic relationships that are both personable and professional.
• Ability to work to build relationships and assume a leadership role in the greater Medford area, and in particular with Madrone Trail’s sponsor, the Medford School District.
• Ability to ground and implement the school’s vision at an operational level.
• Ability to manage and resolve conflicts effectively.
• An understanding of the Common Core State Standards and their implementation within the Waldorf pedagogy.
• Ability to work with teachers to develop and maintain effective Waldorf teaching methods.
• Ability to manage the development and maintenance of the facilities and property.
• Ability to both lead and collaborate, keeping the mission and vision of the school first and foremost.
• Caring and interested in the lives of others, modeling the emotional sensitivity and love of learning that is the mission of the school.
• Innovative and flexible, with a willingness to problem-solve creatively.
• Grounded and practical.
• Ability to meet the challenges of a multi-faceted job.
The School Director is a full time position with competitive salary and benefits.
* Applicant must pass a drug screening and a background check prior to employment. *
To apply, please submit the following application materials:
• Cover Letter
• Resume or curriculum vitae
• Three letters of recommendation
• Three references including phone numbers and email addresses
• Answers to the following essay questions (500 words each)
1. Describe your experience with and depth of knowledge of the Waldorf pedagogy.
2. Describe your management and leadership style. Please include at least one specific example of putting your style into practice.
Submit application materials to:
Monica Rathjen at email@example.com
Madrone Trail Public Charter School
Attn: Monica Rathjen, Board President
3070 Ross Lane
Central Point, OR 97502