Position Title: 21st Century Community Learning Center Instructional Assistant
Reports To: 21st Century Community Learning Center Coordinator
FTE: Part Time, schedule varies
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepares instructional materials under direction of licensed teacher. Provides instruction under the direction of licensed teacher.
• Assists teacher in working with students to complete assignments. Assists teacher in grading and recording students' assignments.
• Takes and maintains data as needed and required by licensed teacher. Assists students with restroom needs as directed.
• Maintains students' safety and monitors appropriate behavior at recess, in class and during bus loading and unloading. Notes discipline issues and completes proper paperwork for reporting such incidents.
• Participates in restraint training as required. Maintains confidentiality.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
• Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Professional, Flexible, Organized
2. Ability to work as a part of a team and able to function independently
3. Experience with children
4. Knowledge of Child Development
PROGRAM HOURS: 3:00pm-5:30pm Monday - Thursday and one evening a month pursuant to the NV21CCLC Schedule.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
NVSD believes that every individual makes a significant contribution to our success. The administration reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary that still reflect the essential functions of the department. It is our expectation that every employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the ESD’s goals.
NVSD recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of NVSD that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans status, genetic information or disability in any educational programs, activities, or employment.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.