To assist the program administrator in performing a full range of secretarial and specialized staff duties to support program and other operations requiring specific knowledge of agency programs, functions, policies, and procedures and may exercise technical and functional direction and guidance over clerical staff. Typical duties depend on specific assignments and may include: assist in budget preparation and monitoring, providing staff support to directors, coordinators, supervisors, and outside agencies; serving as a representative for the program as directed by the administrator.
Duties & Responsibilities (Positions may consist of some or all of the following duties)
1. Prepares a wide range of documents (e.g., letters, reports, memos, forms) from draft or general instructions; in writing or verbally responds to inquiries, requiring general knowledge of agency operations.
2. Compiles, organizes, and maintains program statistical data in a usable form for completing various reports pertaining to federal, state, and county information requirements.
3. Processes purchase orders, expense reimbursement statements, travel requests, and other related requisitions assuring proper approvals, coding and records; purchases office supplies and equipment for the unit, and maintains inventory of supplies and related materials.
4. Performs receptionist functions such as screening incoming calls, taking messages, and/or routing calls; responds to routine questions about programs or services; greets visitors and directs to appropriate location and / or staff person.
5. Sorts, screens, distributes, and responds to correspondence within program / department in a variety of formats (US Mail, courier mail, and e-mail.)
6. Prepares and organizes materials for meetings, arranges for food services, prepares agenda, secures meeting location, composes minutes, prepares correspondence and meeting reminders, transcribes and processes dictation (determining layout and format), and performs follow-up assignments.
7. Coordinates workshops locations, designs brochures, registers participants, and assists presenters in preparation of material.
8. Establishes, maintains, and updates files, lists, records, and logs on computerized and manual record keeping systems; accesses, retrieves, verifies and inputs data pertinent to the program needs.
9. Coordinates staff travel needs including conference registration, hotel accommodations, and transportation requirements.
10. Maintains attendance and other employee records for related program / department.
11. Maintains an appointment calendar for supervisor and staff, schedules appointments and meetings, and assists in day-to-day planning.
12. Oversees inventory of office supplies, and ensures maintenance of office equipment.
13. Supports staff in building systems operations, such as use of computer, fax machine, photo copiers, telephone system, voice mail, and printers.
14. Works as a team member through effective communication and interpersonal skills with staff and community.
15. Establishes and maintains a high level of confidentiality with personnel, students, and program/agency information.
16. Make decisions independently according to established policies
17. Serve as the key contact person for a program, school or other functions, which may include responsibilities for parent, student, or other customer communications, and/or liaison with other agency departments, school districts, or agencies.
18. Compiles data from varied sources and makes summary reports. May involve statistical calculations and tabulations in accordance with established formulas and equations. May involve obtaining quotes from vendors as directed and providing printing estimates to customers.
19. Researches files and records for information as directed or based on department policies or legal requirements.
20. Contributes to the economic efficiency of the program by monitoring expenditures and billing systems, tracking and reconciling grants, funding, and revenue, and performing budgeting and bookkeeping functions.
21. Initiates regularly recurring reports and standard form letters. Maintains program records, making periodical audits as necessary, and prepares follow-up reports requiring action on a periodic basis.
22.Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with SOESD employees, local education agency representatives and others contacted during the course of the workday.
23. Follow established SOESD policies and procedures.
24. Perform physical requirement unaided or with assistance of reasonable accommodations.
25. Perform other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent and four years progressively responsible secretarial
experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant
with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
2. Draft and prepare reports, correspondence, and records, using accurate business English, composition, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
3. Demonstrate a high skill level in using current office technology including keyboard skills, transcription and elementary accounting.
4. Working knowledge of budgeting and bookkeeping practices and procedures.
5. Excellent communication skills to effectively represent policies and procedures to parents, students, other employees, agencies and the general public.
6. Work independently and organize work with minimum supervision.
7. Work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail to meet deadlines.
8. Demonstrate keyboarding skills of 60 WPM or as specified for the position.
9. Thorough knowledge of applicable computer software and demonstrated skill with regard to application
10. Physically perform assigned duties.
Length of Position: 258 days
Salary: Per Collective Bargaining Agreement
Immediate Supervisor:Program Administrator
If interested in seeking employment as an SOESD Administrative Assistant III, please apply directly by visiting our website at www.soesd.k12.or.us/job_openings and look for posting #1110. Here you will find a complete job description, requirements and application. To be considered for this position, a formal application must be submitted through our website. The SOESD is an equal opportunity employer. SOESD provides a competitive salary and benefit package.