Job Type: Administrative
Reports to: Executive Director
Portland Village School seeks a collaborative instructional leader to play a pivotal administrative role in fostering our mission: “To advance an arts-integrated education that teaches respect and reverence by developing the head, heart, and hands in children from all backgrounds and cultures.”
Portland Village School (PVS) is a public school of choice in the Portland Public School District, serving approximately 400 students in grades K-8. PVS provides a Waldorf inspired, arts-integrated education with a rigorous curriculum that is rich in literacy, language, history, and cultural studies combining real world experiences and applied knowledge. The Education Director will serve as a valued member of our administrative leadership team, coordinating with the Executive Director to ensure oversight of the daily educational operations of the school including:
- Student academic achievement, behavioral and socio-emotional development
- Staff performance, evaluation and professional learning
- Instructional coaching in the area of math, among others
- Ensuring Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity in all aspects of the Portland Village School
- Community relations
- Implementation of the Charter agreement with procedural accuracy and timely reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters Degree from an accredited, four year college or university*
- An advanced degree in education*
- Current Oregon Administrator license or Administration Charter School Registry*
- Math coaching experience preferred
- Instructional coaching experience preferred
- Waldorf trained preferred
* Relevant education may substitute for experience and relevant experience may substitute for education.
Demonstrated Proficiency in the following areas is required:
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form; strong presentation skills and public speaking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage systemic change and successfully implement reform initiatives that produce gains in closing the achievement gap
- Successful experience in in instructional program design and implementation of CCSS
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Develop and provide ongoing, high-quality, job-embedded professional development for staff that is aligned with teacher goals, school mission, instructional model and Program Improvement
- Community building experience with proven results
- Flexibility and experience in solving challenging problems through a positive, collaborative approach
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Distributive leadership
Hours Worked: Full-time; salary; flexible schedule, Exempt.
Salary Range: $56,000 - $68,000
Single page cover letter addressing your leadership style, why you are an advocate of charter school education and what you consider to be your greatest accomplishment in education.
Current resume detailing job history, education and license(s)
Three letters of professional recommendations
Three references with email addresses
Requested materials must be submitted to receive full consideration.
Send all correspondence to: email@example.com or 7654 N Delaware, Portland OR, 97203
Portland village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Portland Village School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or handicapping conditions in it educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment that is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program to which application has been made.