Assistant Principal – 1.0 FTE – North Albany Middle School
233 day contract
Salary Range: $93,731 - $103,487
• Current TSPC issued Oregon Administrator license
• Successful secondary school administrator experience desired
Purpose: Lead and inspire the entire school community to engage students in achieving their fullest potential. This is accomplished through design and implementation of the school and district improvement plans; through building coordination; and through supervision of instruction, student services, personnel management, community collaboration, and business/financial management.
• Successful middle school teaching or administrative experience preferred.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, current instructional strategies.
• Knowledge of state standards and benchmarks for middle school level.
• Possess working knowledge of upcoming common core curriculum requirements.
• Ability to look for alternative solutions in management situations.
• Ability to handle student management in a firm and positive manner.
• Ability to encourage staff and build on strengths within the staff and students.
• Effective communicator with staff and community.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
• Ability to structure schedules and routines efficiently.
• Encourages participatory leadership and a relaxed school environment.
• Ability to be assertive in role activities beyond what is traditionally assigned or expected.
• Participant in local community as well as the school district community.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Human Resources Department at 541/967-4501 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon Telecommunication Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.
Equal Opportunity Employer Drug and Tobacco Free Environment