The primary purpose of this position is to assist the principal with the organization, administration, and supervision of all aspects of the school program and operation in order to maximize the educational opportunity and academic achievement of all students.
Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Russian preferred, but not required.
1. Master’s Degree in Education or related field.
2. Background and Criminal History Clearance.
3. Valid Oregon Administrative License with Administrator Endorsement.
4. Three years successful teaching and/or administrative experience.
5. Demonstrates high level of communication skills and meets District standards for oral and written language proficiency in English and Spanish or Russian, as applicable.
6. Skill in leadership and facilitation of work involving colleagues and administrators, including problem solving and conflict resolution.
7. Excellent organizational skills for effectively managing multiple tasks.
8. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
9. Understanding of curriculum, instruction, assessment and staff development requirements under state and federal education laws and regulations.
10. Understanding of strategic and school improvement planning and curriculum auditing procedures.
11. Understanding of bilingual education requirements and programs.
12. Understanding of computer assisted instruction.
13. Understanding of effective staff supervision and evaluation procedures.
14. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board or administration may deem appropriate and acceptable.
1. Communicates effectively in English in both oral and written form.
2. Communicates effectively in Spanish or Russian (if assigned) in both oral and written form.
3. Assists in monitoring of implementation of adopted curriculum and instructional materials.
4. Coordinates extra-curricular activities and programs as directed.
5. Orients, directs, and supervises school personnel.
6. Evaluates assigned school personnel.
7. Assists in screening, interviewing, and recommending hiring of school personnel.
8. Coordinates and cooperates with district administrators to monitor and maintain compliance with state and federal law for educational programs and school operations.
9. Coordinates and cooperates with district administrators to provide training and staff development activities in needed areas.
10. Monitors student achievement results and participates in the development of the Schoolwide Improvement Plan to address areas needing improvement or correction.
11. Develops or assists with master teaching schedule and administration of student class scheduling procedures.
12. Leads faculty and parent advisory committees as assigned.
13. Participates in programs to encourage parental involvement as well as inform parents and community members concerning school activities and issues.
14. Prepares reports and keeps the Principal informed with regard to school issues and programs.
15. Assists with the implementation of an effective student discipline and attendance program and provides for a safe and orderly environment for all staff, students, and visitors.
16. Lifts, moves, or restrains students in accordance with Individual Education Program or Behavior Plan.
17. Coordinates with and seeks involvement of outside agencies, including law enforcement, as needed and beneficial to the school and students.
18. Supervises or directs supervision of students and the campus at all times during school hours and school events and activities.
19. Assumes temporary responsibility of the principal in his/her absence.
20. Follows all safety rules and takes all reasonable precautions to provide a safe and secure working environment for all school employees.
21. Demonstrates support for District Core Values, District Mission, District Strategic Plan, and Schoolwide Improvement Plans.
22. Establishes and maintains a positive and respectful learning environment and working relationship with students, staff, administration, parents/guardians, and community members.
23. Assists parents and community members as needed.
24. Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to multicultural and multilingual values and environments.
25. Complies with professional development activities as required by the District.
26. Actively seeks out and participates in professional development activities designed to improve professional competence.
27. Participates in various meetings for the purpose of receiving information or sharing information and expertise with students, colleagues, and parents/guardians.
28. Holds expectations for high performance of self and supervised staff.
29. Assesses results of performance for improvement on a regular basis.
30. Demonstrates computer literacy and operates software programs as related to job responsibilities.
31. Maintains accurate, complete, and confidential records as required by law and District policy and regulations.
32. Maintains the integrity of confidential information relating to a student, family, colleague, or district patron, and uses or relays academic, social, or personal information only in the course of performing assigned responsibilities and in the best interest of the individuals involved.
33. Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive and confidential district information related to financial, collective bargaining, personnel, and legal matters.
34. Follows all laws, District policies, rules, regulations, memos, announcements, and reasonable requests by proper authority.
35. Adheres to the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) Standards for Competent and Ethical Educators.
36. Maintains regular attendance at work and work activities, and is punctual in meeting deadlines, attending meetings, and following schedules.