Diversity Recruitment and Inclusion Coordinator
Full Time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
230-Day Work Year (July through June)
General Description of the Position: The Diversity Recruitment and Inclusion Coordinator builds strong relationships with community, business partners and staff to strengthen and continue to diversify Clackamas ESD’s workforce. The Coordinator collaborates in developing and implementing a pipeline of employee talent from generating interest for working in education to supporting employee resiliency. The Coordinator is responsible for the design and implementation of strategic initiatives and processes for recruiting and retaining diverse talent that reflects the students CESD serves.
Human Resources Department: The Human Resource Services Department supports the Clackamas ESD mission by recruiting, selecting, supporting, and retaining a highly qualified and diverse staff. Human Resource Services takes pride in sustaining collaborative working relations with the district's employee associations.
Essential Functions - for a complete list of essential functions, refer to the job description.
* Takes the lead in developing sustainable strategies to build and maintain a diverse workforce, including utilizing digital and other media resources, attending job fairs and other recruitment events, developing networks with community and staff, and developing other strategic recruitment partners and outlets.
* Works with partner districts and CESD staff in developing work opportunities in education as part of partner districts’ career technical education tracks for high school students.
* Uses metrics to track progress in recruitment and retention.
* Assists in developing and coordinating a supportive and accessible hiring experience for all candidates.
* Works with Equity staff in developing and maintaining a hiring process that is culturally sustainable and that identifies and minimizes implicit bias.
* Partners with hiring managers to identify needs, screen applicants and develop interview pools.
Onboarding and Novice Staff Support
* Facilitates coordination between HR, position supervisors and new employees to ensure a supportive onboarding experience.
* Responsible for planning and delivery of a strategic onboarding plan.
* Monitors and collaborates in mentorship efforts at Clackamas ESD and throughout the county.
* Acts as a catalyst in programs designed to develop classified staff into certified staff at Clackamas ESD and throughout the county.
* Works with Teaching and Learning to advance teacher leader opportunities throughout the county.
* Helps facilitate promotional opportunities and career ladder pathways for staff.
* Collaborates with equity focused staff to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all CESD employees.
* Orchestrates affinity groups such as Colleagues of Color in coordination with other similar groups in the county.
* Reaches out to Clackamas ESD staff spread across the county and periodically attend classroom team meetings and department team meetings to help build and sustain a positive work culture.
* Shares leadership in the Clackamas ESD Wellness Committee and participates in the planning and implementation of wellness activities throughout the year.
1) Successful experience in working with culturally diverse families and communities, or have otherwise demonstrated a commitment to strengthening engagement of a diverse community and skill in communicating with a diverse population.
2) At least five (5) years relevant work experience, or a Bachelor’ degree - in focus area of position (e.g. Education, 3) Marketing, Human Resources, Communication, Health and Wellness).
3) Recent experience in recruitment of a diverse workforce.
4) Familiarity with equity initiatives within an organization.
5) Written and oral communication skills sufficient to perform essential functions.
6) Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently and use initiative to accomplish complex assignments with general instruction and guidance.
7) Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and integrity on the job with confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
8) For a complete list of minimum qualifications, please see full job description
* Master’s degree in Education, Communications, Marketing or related field.
* Qualitative and/or quantitative research experience.
* Experience working in a classroom or education related work environment.
Clackamas Education Service District
Clackamas Education Service District is one of Oregon's 19 ESDs charged with providing programs for children with special needs, technology support, school improvement, and administrative services to local school districts and the Oregon Department of Education. Clackamas ESD serves all school districts in Clackamas County, including Canby, Colton, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Molalla River, North Clackamas, Oregon City, Oregon Trail, and West Linn-Wilsonville. These districts range in size from about 650 to 17,500 students. There are approximately 57,500 students in the ten school districts. Clackamas ESD offers a comprehensive set of services through the following departments: Teaching & Learning; Technology Services; Special Education Services, and Early Learning. Constituent school districts annually approve the programs and services provided by CESD. Clackamas County stretches from Mt. Hood to the Willamette Valley. Our close proximity to the Portland metropolitan area offers easy access to cultural events, restaurants, and shopping. For more information about Clackamas County, visit: https://www.mthoodterritory.com/
Begin the application process by clicking the "Apply" button in the upper right of this announcement. (If you are not viewing this vacancy announcement through the Clackamas ESD employment page, go to https://www.applitrack.com/clackesd/onlineapp/ for the District's online application system)
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Starting Salary: $65,382 with consideration for relevant experience, based on 230-day contract
Benefits: Clackamas ESD offers exceptional benefit packages that include health, dental with orthodontia, and vision insurance including HRA options, and district paid premium contributions. Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave and other personal paid leave provided. Retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and generous professional development allocation.
Commences: As soon as practical after offer
Pre-Employment Background Check Conducted
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Clackamas ESD policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.