Strategic Communications Director
Full Time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
240-Day Work Year (July through June)
General Description of the Position: The Communications Director will coordinate with and report to the Superintendent. The Communications Director is responsible for developing positive relationships and facilitating positive communications with all stakeholders and staff. The Communications Director will improve, plan, organize, and evaluate all internal, external and staff communication programs for CESD. The Communications Director is responsible for implementing manager and staff training, public and media relations, CESD branding, marketing and education programs.
Communications Department: Communications supports Clackamas ESD’s role as a convener for education leaders and partners in Clackamas County. We convene an advisory group for school communicators across the county. We also offer support and expertise in the following areas: advocacy, graphic design, and media relations messaging. This department oversees the internal communications for all Clackamas ESD employees dispersed in various locations across the county.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - for a complete list of essential functions, refer to the job description.
1. Implements the CESD strategic communications plan aligned with CESD policies and goals
2. Acts as the primary liaison for CESD and the media, employees, school districts and community
3. Provides strategic leadership to ensure that CESD’s public policy agenda and communications strategy informs and aligns with CESD’s strategic objectives including meeting the objectives of ESSA and the Student Success Act
4. Represents the organization in external meetings and functions, providing strong leadership presence and effectiveness
5. Drives a culture of success in alignment with the organizational mission, vision, and values.
* Experience in education policy at the local, regional, state or federal level.
* Thorough understanding of legislative, regulatory, political and governmental administrative processes and of public education and the mission of ESDs in Oregon.
* Proficiency in collaborating in an environment with diverse individuals and group identities.
* Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design skills; proven ability to present concepts verbally and to produce accurate written/print materials for a variety of purposes for specific audiences.
* Proven ability to develop community partnerships and maintain effective professional relationships with supervisors, staff, peers, politicians, related community organizations, and the general public.
* Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or a related field or equivalent experience.
* See job description for complete list of minimum qualifications
Clackamas Education Service District is one of Oregon's 19 ESDs charged with providing programs for children with special needs, technology support, school improvement, and administrative services to local school districts and the Oregon Department of Education. Clackamas ESD serves ten school districts in Clackamas County, including Canby, Colton, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Molalla River, North Clackamas, Oregon City, Oregon Trail, and West Linn-Wilsonville.
TO APPLY: Submit your application directly at: https://www.applitrack.com/clackesd/onlineapp/
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary: Based on education and prior years of applicable work experience
Benefits: Clackamas ESD offers exceptional benefit packages that include health, dental with orthodontia, and vision insurance including HRA options, and district paid premium contributions. Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave and other personal paid leave provided. Retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and generous professional development allocation.
Commences: As soon as practical after offer
Clackamas Education Service District is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce along with the students and families that we serve.
Clackamas ESD policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.