Creswell School District is seeking an Elementary Assistant Principal to co-lead the outstanding staff at Creslane Elementary School and join our team of dedicated and innovative educational leaders. Creslane Elementary School serves approximately 600 students in grades K-5.
General Description: The Elementary School Assistant Principal assists the building principal in organizing and fostering a positive, safe environment that is conducive to best meeting the needs of all students, staff and parents. This includes such responsibilities as: leading, directing, counseling, and supervising a variety of personnel and programs; creating effective parent, teacher, and child communications; student supervision and discipline; student climate; supporting, encouraging, mentoring, and evaluating staff; fostering teamwork between teachers and among staff and parents; and managing budget items. The assistant principal acts in the capacity of the principal during the principal’s absence from the school.
Personal Traits: The successful candidate will be a visionary leader, motivator and strong collaborator with the desire, knowledge, and experience to work with diverse populations. In addition, the candidate will be able to communicate effectively and develop strong relationships with students, staff, and the community; will demonstrate a passion for student learning; embrace creativity and innovation; commit to ongoing instructional improvement; and make student success a top priority.
Supervisory Relationship: The principal supervises the assistant principal, who supervises licensed teachers and support staff as assigned.
• Ability to use tact, patience and courtesy when dealing with others. · Ability to understand and be sensitive to those of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
• Qualify for a Standard First Aid and CPR certificate.
• Minimum of five years of experience as an educator.
• Oregon Administrative Licensure or evidence of eligibility.
• Ability to lead school improvement efforts informed by data that produce high achievement results.
• Strong communication skills.
• Effective management skills for school operations.
• Expertise in personnel selection, management, evaluation, and staff development.
• Knowledgeable about IDEA, IEP procedures, TAG guidelines and procedures and all appropriate programs for equitable education outcomes.
• Successful classroom teaching at the elementary or middle school level.
• Experience with teacher evaluation systems.
• Ability to create a safe and healthy school climate.
• Understands and values diversity.
• Ability to motivate elementary school students.
• Knowledgeable about student conduct, discipline and behavioral supports.
Salary Range: $73,925-$83,639
Applicants shall submit a letter of interest, current résumé, three (3) letters of reference (preferably from current and previous evaluators), copy of current administrative license, and Creswell School District administrative application. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Fill out application at https://creswell.tedk12.com/hire/index.asp
Address all inquiries to:
Creswell Elementary Search Committee
Creswell School District
998 West A Street
Creswell, OR 97426
For more information contact:
Leslie Higdon - firstname.lastname@example.org