OASSA sponsors three awards each year – the Assistant Principal of the Year, Middle School Principal of the Year, and High School Principal of the Year. For members wishing to nominate a colleague, please follow the following guidelines:
Middle and High School Principal of the Year (POY)
The process for this award begins in January. The award is given to one middle school and one high school principal each year. The nominee must be an active middle or high school principal, and a current member of COSA and OASSA.
- Access the current nomination form by clicking here.
- Mail or Email nominations to Joanne Fey at COSA by March 13, 2019.
- The OASSA Executive Committee will select the Oregon winner. That person will then complete an additional online application with NASSP.
- The Oregon winner will be honored at the Annual COSA Conference in June and the OASSA/OESPA Principal’s Conference in October.
- Please direct questions to COSA staff member Joanne Fey: email@example.com.
Congratulations to our 2018 OASSA Principals of the Year!
Brandi Starck, Thurston MS, Springfield SD
Curtis Wilson, Jr., Benson Polytechnic HS, Portland Public Schools
Assistant Principal of the Year (APOY)
The process for this award begins in September. The nominee must be an active assistant (or vice) principal, and a current member of NASSP and OASSA.
- The Oregon nomination form can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Please mail nominations to COSA staff member, Joanne Fey, by October 10, 2018.
- The OASSA awards committee will select the winner. If selected as the Oregon winner, an online application and additional references will be needed. The completed packet will then be submitted to NASSP by December 1st.
- The winner will be honored at the OASSA/OESPA Conference in October 2018 and the Annual COSA Conference June 2019.
- Please direct questions to Joanne Fey: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the 2018 winner: Rich Engel, West Albany HS, Albany SD