OESPA sponsors the Elementary Principal of the Year/National Distinguished Principal (NDP) Award each year, which honors elementary and K-8 principals. For members wishing to nominate a colleague, please follow the following guidelines:
Oregon Elementary Principal of the Year/National Distinguished Principal
The process for this award begins in January.
- The nominee must be an active elementary and/or middle school principal, and a current member of OESPA.
- Get the nomination application form here.
- Due to COSA by March 13, 2019.
- The OESPA Executive Committee will select the Oregon winner. If the Oregon winner has been an NAESP member for at least 3 years, they may then submit the national application. The completed packet will be online and due to NAESP in May.
- The Oregon winner will be honored at the Annual COSA Conference in June, and the OASSA/OESPA Principals Conference in October.
Please direct questions to Joanne Fey: email@example.com
Congratulations to our 2018 OESPA Principal of the Year!
Perla Rodriguez, Echo Shaw Elementary School, Forest Grove SD