You are here
2018 State English Learners Alliance Conference
Oregon Together: Languages & Learning
Registration is closed for this event. If you wish to be placed on a waitlist in the event that an opening occurs, please email our registrar Sera Lockwood
- This year, ODE and COSA are pleased to announce a joint pre-conference with the ODE English Learner team and Student Services Office on supporting English Learner Students with Disabilities (ELSWD) on March 7, 2018 from 9:30-noon. This pre-conference will provide district English Learner (EL) and Special Education (SPED) staff with training on supporting ELSWD students as well as time to work within district teams and job-alike teams. Topics for this conference include: Developing a High Quality IEP for ELSWD students, Considerations for Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) to Kindergarten English Learners, and Exiting current English Learner Students with Disabilities as Proficient speakers of English. Time will be provided for district teams to work together on their processes with ODE staff supporting district efforts. All District SPED and EL staff are strongly encouraged to attend. This pre-conference will assist districts in cross office collaboration supporting our English Learner Students with Disabilities. For more information on this pre-conference, please contact Taffy Carlisle.
- Pre-conference (1:00-4:00): Fortifying Conversations and their Skills Across Disciplines to Develop Content, Language, Thinking, and Social Skills - The Jeff Zwiers pre-conference has reached capacity and we are no longer accepting online registrations. If you wish to be placed on a waitlist in the event that an opening occurs, please email our registrar Sera Lockwood. There are still several opportunities to listen to Jeff as he will be doing a keynote presentation and two breakout sessions on Thursday, March 8th.
Jeff Zwiers, Senior Researcher, Stanford University - Bio
- General Session I Keynote: Supporting Learning with Authentic Communication: It’s Gonna Take Some Major Remodeling
- Breakout Sessions: Authentic Communication Workshop and Authentic Leadership
- Click here to learn more about Jeff's sessions.
Darryl Tukufu, Assistant Superintendent, Oregon Department of Education - Bio
General Session II Keynote: Educational Equity PreK-12: Preliminary Thoughts
Louise El Yaafouri, ESL & Refugee/Immigration Education Consultant, Refugee Classroom - Bio
General Session III Keynote: Supporting All New Comer Learners
Click here to view breakout titles and descriptions with dates and times.
66 East 6th Avenue
Eugene, Oregon, 97401
Booking link: State English Learners Alliance Conference
Booking code: SELAC
Cutoff date: February 13th, 2018
Best rates for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Home2Suites Eugene Downtown University
102 W. 11th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97401
Exhibit Spaces are no longer available for this conference. Please email Meghan Cusick Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waiting list or to inquire about further exhibiting opportunities with COSA