You are here
COSA is proud to offer its members a range of resources from scholarship and award opportunities to helpful guides for relevant issues administrators are dealing with every day. If you have a resource to share or have an idea of how COSA can continue to serve its members, we want to hear from you. Contact Joanne Fey at email@example.com.
These annual COSA awards recognize outstanding administrators and programs. If you have a colleague you feel deserves recognition, please contact Joanne Fey, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Superintendent of the Year Program (SOY)
- Principal of the Year (Middle and High School) (POY)
- Assistant Principal of the Year (Middle and High School) (APOY)
- Elementary Principal of the Year/National Distinguished Principal (Elementary and Middle School) (National Distinguished Principal Program)
- Achievement of Excellence Award
CLICK HERE for the 2020-21 COSA Awards & Scholarships Application Timeline.
Each year COSA sponsors or assists in processing five $1,000 college scholarships. These scholarships are given to Oregon seniors attending a 2- or 4-year college or university, trade or professional/technical school.. Applications must be postmarked by March 1, 2021. Results are announced in April. The following is a list of each of the five scholarships:
For the 2021 COSA Scholarship Information and Application CLICK HERE..
- California Casualty Partnership (2)
- Oregon Association of Latino Administrators (1) Given to deserving Latinx student
- NWEA (Northwest Women in Educational Admnistration) (2) Given to young women entering the field of education
Each scholarship application must be signed and endorsed by an active COSA member, such as a principal, assistant principal, central office administrator or superintendent.
Click here to view the 2020 COSA Scholarship Recipients.
The Oregon Association of Secondary School Administrators (OASSA) awards two $1000 scholarships each year to graduating seniors from Oregon public high schools. The scholarships may be used for a 2- or 4-year college or university, trade or professional/technical school. These two scholarships are for a son, daughter or dependent child of an OASSA member. Applications must be postmarked by March 16, 2021.
For the 2021 OASSA Scholarship Information and Application CLICK HERE.
Click here to view the 2020 OASSA Scholarship Recipients.
OSSA Scholarships (Oregon Small Schools Association)
To download the 2021 OSSA Scholarship Application CLICK HERE
Applications must be received by May 3, 2021 and scholarship recipients will be notified by May 10, 2021.
Email application to Joanne Fey (email@example.com)
COSA members often benefit from having COSA review their employment contracts with districts.
At a member's request, COSA staff will review employment contracts for individual administrators and provide recommendations. Reviews analyze contract terms and provide recommendations on specific areas. Of late, potentially disadvantageous termination clauses have been an area of focus.
To request a contract review, please contact Craig Hawkins.
Professional advice and legal services are available to all active COSA members on matters relating to their employment and professional assignments.
Additional legal assistance is available to members who belong to one of COSA’s national affiliates — the American Association of School Administrators (AASA), the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP), or the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP).
Members seeking these services must contact the COSA Executive Director or his/her designee (503-581-3141).
What Assistance is Available?
- Legal assistance from COSA’s attorney. With the approval of the Executive Director or his/her designee, each COSA Active member is eligible for two hours of counsel with COSA’s attorney plus up to $1,000 of assistance from COSA’s attorney or an attorney approved by the COSA Executive Director.
- Confidential counsel furnished by COSA staff or members identified by the COSA staff.
Legal Support Through National Associations
COSA members who belong to the following national associations are eligible for legal assistance (above that provided by COSA).
- AASA -- One thousand dollars for each year of consecutive membership up to $10,000. ($700 deductible)
- NAESP -- One thousand dollars for each year of consecutive membership up to $10,000. ($500 deductible)
- NASSP -- One thousand dollars for each year of consecutive membership up to $10,000. ($500 deductible)
- Call the Executive Director (503-581-3141) to discuss your need for professional assistance. ALL CALLS ARE CONFIDENTIAL.
- Determine with COSA staff which type of assistance is appropriate/needed.
- COSA Executive Director or designee authorizes legal assistance or implements advice and counsel procedure.
- If legal assistance is needed and you are also a member of a national association call the appropriate national organization, call:
- AASA (703) 875-0717
- NAESP (703) 684-3345
- NASSP (703) 860-0200
As we continue to deal with the pandemic, COSA is here to support you.