You are here
2019 Winter Breakthrough Coach
Two Days. One Life-Changing Program.
You're passionate about your job. You're driven to produce results. You work hard to make a difference, routinely putting in over 60 hours each week for the sake of your school's achievement. And you're exhausted.
The 2-Day Course is unlike any other, designed to present and teach administrative teams The Breakthrough Coach's Fundamental Practices™. With a focus on executive management rather than on education, the 2-Day Course provides you with the structure and systems you need to get it all done, and produce the results you're after, all in a sensible work week.
The Breakthrough Coach's proven method that has reshaped the lives of administrators across the globe by enabling them to:
- Spend two full days each week observing classrooms
- Work more efficiently
- Empower their staff
- Enjoy work-life balance
- Raise student achievement
All in a sensible work week.
The 2-Day Course is the foundation of your Breakthrough Coach journey.
Don't wait to take the first step in transforming your school community and your life with The Breakthrough Coach.
Who Should Attend:
Site Principals, District Office Supervisors, Cabinet-Level Administrators, and their Secretaries.
Conducted over two full days; Includes lecture, small group discussion, Q&A, and hands-on implementation between administrators and secretaries.
Administrators attend Day 1 & 2; Secretaries attend Day 2 ONLY with their administrators
- The Breakthrough Coach (TBC): Expertise in School Management
- Breakthrough Thinking: Philosophical Underpinnings of TBC's Approach
- Who Comes to this Program? Administrators Speak About What's at Stake
- Program Ground Rules: Etiquette for Participation and Group Learning
A Brief History of the Principalship
- Where we are today
- Management Redefined: What It Is…What It Isn't…Why It Matters?
- Form Follows Function: The Principal's Office Deconstructed for High Performance
- Producing a Breakthrough in Results: 7 Steps on the Road Less Traveled
The Secretary As Managerial Partner
- Oh, What a Tangled Web We've Woven...
- The Job of the School Secretary Redefined
- 10 Most Effective Ways to Work with a Secretary
Linguistic Distinctions for School Leaders
- Defining Requests, Satisfaction Requirements & Accountability
- Negotiating Promises, Declines & Counteroffers
- On Becoming The School's Language Leader
Building Community Support
- How to Involve District Office, Staff, and Parents in this Initiative
Principal + Secretary = Executive Team: Bringing the Skill Sets Together
- Working the Fundamentals Cooperatively
- Hands-On Practice with Coaching
Completion and Goal Setting
- Conversation for Implementation
What participants are saying about the TBC 2-day program:
"I was at Malachi’s session in July and it was great! It’s all very well to have great ideas and research about leading a school, but last year I was buried in my office 60% of the time and in meetings the other 40%. I couldn’t get ahead of the discipline avalanche because I couldn’t get into classes. No more! I took down my book shelves and recycled file cabinets full of old curriculum. I’m ready to re-indoctrinate my secretary who will be so relieved to take charge and tell me what to do and when. I’m really excited and grateful." - Sue Ann Higgens, Principal, Roosevelt High School, OR
"I want to tell you and Malachi that your program has made the biggest difference to my effectiveness as an administrator of any training I have ever had including my Master’s program. I have not even fully implemented the steps yet and still I am plowing through work like never before. I also have spotted several ways to lighten the load of my secretary. My concerns about the increased load to my assistant principal (who also took the training) and secretary have not materialized. In fact, although it has impacted them, they feel that as a whole we are operating more efficiently than ever before. In short, it’s amazing." - Tom Mitchell, Principal, Frontier Junior High, WA
"I just wanted to let you know that I have bought into the program and daily enjoy my paper-free, pristine, Zen-like office. My coaching days are paying off in more ways than one and my time is valuable to folks. Malachi, I attended the Central Kitsap Peninsula SD training you gave over two days. I was a guest from Tumwater SD. I was the most vocal principal at the first day and your parting words to my secretary were "Good luck with this guy." You'll be happy to know that my secretary and I purged ten 50 gallon drums of paper from our office and can't imagine how we ever functioned without our daily 20 minute (more like 10 minute) meeting. Thanks for helping me so much so early in my career." - Rob Sawatzky, Principal, Black Lake Elementary School, WA
For further information contact Colin Cameron , Deputy Director, COSA.