You are here
August 7, 2020
October 18, 2020
December 2, 2020
March 10, 2021
2020-2021 New Principals Academy (Virtual)
Click here to download the flyer. (updated 7-29-20)
- Focused on professional learning that will provide relevant just-in-time information and interactive activities designed to support new K-12 principals and other school administrators.
- Professional support provided by COSA staff, OESPA and OASSA leadership, and experienced administrators throughout Oregon.
- Participation includes registration to four of COSA’s premier professional learning events: the COSA Summer Conference, the Annual Principals Conference, the Oregon School Law Conference, and the English Learners Alliance Conference.
- Participation includes ongoing mentoring throughout the 2020/21 school year by OESPA and OASSA Executive Committee members.
- Session #1: Getting to Know Your Stakeholders: Staff, Students, Parents, and the Community
- Session #2: Communicating Your Why: Building Mission, Vision, and Culture on Day One
- Session #3: Instructional Leadership: Modeling Teaching and Learning Daily
- Session #4: Preparing for the First 100 Days: Programs, Systems, and Practices
- Session #5: Special Education and 504: What You Need to Know as a School Leader
- Session #6: Leading For Equity: Ensuring the Success of Every Student
- Session #7: Staff and Student Investigations, Documentation, and Reporting
- Session #8: Evaluation Timelines and Processes: Preparing for Mid-Year Reviews, Contract Renewals, Non-Extensions, and Plans of Assistance
- Session #9: Budgeting 101: Developing, Implementing, and Monitoring a School Budget to Support Student Learning
- Session #10: The Art and Science of Teaching: Building You School’s Professional Capacity through Recruitment, Hiring, and Onboarding
Program Dates and Locations:
- Sessions 1-4 - Friday, August 7, 2020 - Zoom (8:00am - 1:00pm)
- Sessions 5-6 - Sunday, October 18, 2020 -Zoom (8:00am -12:00pm)
- Sessions 7-8 - Wednesday, December 2, 2020 - Oregon School Law Conference (9:00am - 12:00pm) Zoom
- Sessions 9-10 - Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - English Learners Alliance Conference (9:00am - 12:00pm) Zoom
Session video: Click on the image above.