You are here
2020 Distance Learning Academy (Virtual)
Supporting Educators with Next Steps in Distance Learning
Click here to download the flyer.
September 30, 2020 (beginning)
October 7, 2020
October 14, 2020
October 21, 2020
October 28, 2020
November 9, 2020
COSA, with support from the Oregon Department of Education, brings you an exclusive book study opportunity.
School districts across the nation are looking for effective professional learning to prepare educators to teach at a distance during the 2020-21 school year. COSA has partnered with Corwin to bring the Distance Learning Playbook Institute to Oregon to support this need. Based on research from Visible Learning plus the experience of over 70 educators who taught at a distance during 2020, this professional learning experience promises to deliver guidance to support educators in setting routines, building relationships, and creating meaningful learning experiences through Comprehensive Distance Learning.
School districts applying for the Comprehensive Distance Learning Grant can use these funds for registration and materials to attend the Distance Learning Playbook Institute.
This event will explore:
- The implementation of teacher credibility and teacher clarity in distance learning
- The design of engaging teaching and learning experience useful in distance learning
- Assessment, grading, and feedback in distance learning
- Teams are recommended to ensure collective efficiency
Keynote | Doug Fisher | September 30, 2020 | 3:30 - 5:00 pm PST
Book study Series with Dave Nagel and Nicole Law:
- October 7, 2020 | 3:30-5:00 pm PST | Beyond the first Days and Solidifying Teacher/Student relationships and Ensuring Equity
- October 14, 2020 | 3:30-5:00 pm PST | Teacher Credibility and Teacher Clarity
- October 21, 2020 | 3:30-5:00 pm PST | Engaging Tasks and Enhancing Instructional Units
- October 28, 2020 | 3:30-5:00 pm PST | Feedback, Assessment and Grading
Concluding Keynote | Nancy Frey | November 9, 2020 | 3:30-5:30 pm PST
|Douglas Fisher||Nancy Frey||Nicole Law||Dave Nagel|