You are here
2020 Distance Learning Academy Cohort II (Virtual)
Supporting Educators with Next Steps in Distance Learning
Click here to download the flyer.
November 9, 2020 (beginning - opening session with Douglas Fisher)
November 12, 2020
November 19, 2020
December 3, 2020
December 10, 2020
You will need to purchase a copy of the Distance Learning Playbook prior to the event as it will be referenced throughout the academy. You can order your copy here: https://us.corwin.com/en-us/nam/the-distance-learning-playbook-grades-k-12/book275865 Enter code “25MIKE” and receive 25% off plus free shipping.
COSA, with support from the Oregon Department of Education, brings you an exclusive book study opportunity.
School districts across the nation are looking for effective professional learning to prepare educators to teach at a distance during the 2020-21 school year. COSA has partnered with Corwin to bring the Distance Learning Playbook Institute to Oregon to support this need. Based on research from Visible Learning plus the experience of over 70 educators who taught at a distance during 2020, this professional learning experience promises to deliver guidance to support educators in setting routines, building relationships, and creating meaningful learning experiences through Comprehensive Distance Learning.
School districts applying for the Comprehensive Distance Learning Grant can use these funds for registration and materials to attend the Distance Learning Playbook Institute.
This event will explore:
- The implementation of teacher credibility and teacher clarity in distance learning
- The design of engaging teaching and learning experience useful in distance learning
- Assessment, grading, and feedback in distance learning
- Teams are recommended to ensure collective efficiency
Keynote | Doug Fisher | November 9, 2020 | 3:30 - 5:00 pm PST
Book study Series with Dave Nagel and Nicole Law:
- November 12, 2020 | 3:30-5:00 pm PST | Beyond the first Days and Solidifying Teacher/Student relationships and Ensuring Equity
- November 19, 2020 | 3:30-5:00 pm PST | Teacher Credibility and Teacher Clarity
- December 3, 2020 | 3:30-5:00 pm PST | Engaging Tasks and Enhancing Instructional Units
- December 10, 2020 | 3:30-5:00 pm PST | Feedback, Assessment and Grading
|Douglas Fisher||Nicole Law||Dave Nagel|