You are here
2020 OACOA/OASE/OASBO Winter Conference
The Oregon State Conference for Superintendents, Central Office Administrators, and Business Managers is organized by COSA and will take place this year from January 22-25th. OASE, OACOA, and OASBO welcome their members to explore best practices and possibilities in areas like educational administration, policy and leadership. COSA brings exemplary speakers to discuss critical issues that affect students, leaders, communities and school systems. Preparation for the upcoming Legislative Session leanings as well as important budgeting and personnel issues are all shared related to implementation of the Student Success Act. By far the most critical timing and highest priority topics of the year are addressed at this Statewide Conference.
Click here to view the breakout session descriptions.
OACOA Sponsored Pre-Conference:
A Bias for Action - Examining Intent and Impact and the Role of Bias - To Learn more click here.
OASE Sponsored Pre-Conference:
Superintendents Leading and Inspiring Bravespace Workplaces in Oregon School Districts - To learn more click here.
Featured Main Conference Speakers:
- Karen Mapp, Senior Lecturer on Education, Faculty Director, Education Policy and Management, Harvard - Bio
- Chris Rogers, Policy Analyst, AASA - Friday Luncheon Speaker - Bio
- Nancy Hungerford, Attorny, The Hungerford Law Firm
OASE and OACOA Presidents:
The OASE, OACOA and OASBO Presidents invite you to join us at the President's Reception the evening of Thursday, January 23, 2020.
- Candy Armstrong, Superintendent, North Wasco County SD - OASE President
- Dawn Moorefield, Director of Curriculum, Cascade SD - OACOA President
- Nathan Roedel, Executive Director of Food Services, Hillsboro SD - OASBO President
Featured Sessions to Include:
- Linking Family Engagement Initiatives to Student Learning and Achievement
- Developing Culturally Responsive Leadership
- E-rate Program Processes & Updates
- Inclusive Teaching and Learning
- Oregon Health Authority
- Increasing Student Outcomes while Closing Opportunity Gaps: How the AVID College Readiness System is Supporting Student Success in Oregon
- Kids in Transition to School, Best Practice
- OHA Student Health Surveys & the Student Success Act
- Successful SIA Strategies for Small Districts
- Exploring Solutions for Cohesive Assessment and Accountability
- Outdoor School: A Transformative Experience for Every District and Every Student
- Early Learning Planning
- Thought Exchange
- 2019-2020: Advanced Placement: Student Practice, Instructional Exam Supports
- Making CTE Pathways Work: Articulating Postsecondary Credit
- Every Student, Every Day: Small Nudges Toward Lowering Chronic Absenteeism
- Native America Curriculum
- QEM: How It Still Is Working
- Legislative Update
- Unpacking Comprehensive SIA Guidance While Keeping Eyes on the Horizon: Supporting District Understanding of Recent State Investments (multiple sessions)
- Nancy Hungerford: Bargaining Trends; Staff Supervision, Support and Dismissal Process
- OACOA Seminar Series (8:00-12:00)
- OASBO SFO Study Group
7760 North Highway 101
Gleneden Beach, Oregon 97388
OASE/OACOA Winter Conference COSA 2020 Online Reservations
Inn at Spanish Head
4009 SW Hwy 101
Lincoln City, OR 97367
To get the discounted rate mention the COSA/OSBA Winter Conference.