You are here
2021-2022 Aspiring Superintendent Seminar
November 10, 2021 (beginning)
February 9, 2022
INTERESTED IN THE SUPERINTENDENCY?
We can help you prepare. The two-day Aspiring Superintendent Seminar provides a rich, collegial cohort opportunity for leaders who wish to become Oregon superintendents.
November 10, 2021 (1:00-3:00) & February 9, 2022 (9:00-11:30)
Call 503-581-3141 or register online
Learn how to apply for the many vacancies that will be available in Oregon for the 2021-2022 school year and how to be prepared for the process. Hear from state and national superintendent search consultants about what school boards and districts are looking for in a superintendent.
This seminar will show you the rewards and challenges today’s superintendents face, the politics of the position, how to work with school boards, negotiating your contract, and most importantly: what administrators DON’T know about the position!
One goal of the seminar will be to have potential candidates fully prepared to enter into a superintendent search process.
Topics covered during the seminar will include:
- Navigating the Superintendent search process
- Search firm tips
- Frequently asked questions
- Needed application materials
- Preparing for an interview
- Developing a district vision and focus
- Enhancing school district and community relations
- Board governance and the role of the superintendent
- Understanding Oregon’s State School Fund (SSF) model
- Instructional leadership vs. operations – finding the balance
For more information, contact Krista Parent 541-954-4239
If you are registering someone other than yourself or need to register a group, please contact Sera Lockwood, firstname.lastname@example.org or call the COSA office at 503-581-3141 and we will process their registrations.