You are here
2021-2022 New Principals Academy
August 4, 2021 (held in conjunction with the Summer Conference, Graduate Eugene, Williams Room)
October 8, 2021 (this will be a fully virtual event)
December 1, 2021 (held in conjunction with the Law Conference)
March 9, 2022 (held in conjunction with the English Learners Alliance Conference)
- Majalise Tolan, Secondary Teaching & Learning Administrator, Lincoln County SD
- Rachael George, Principal, Sandy Grade School
- Kate Barker, Principal, Cherry Park Elementary School
In order to participate in this year-long program, you must be a COSA "Active" member.
- Focused on professional learning that will provide relevant just-in-time information and interactive activities designed to support new K-12 principals and other school administrators.
- Professional support provided by COSA staff, OESPA and OASSA leadership, and experienced administrators throughout Oregon.
- Participation includes registration to four of COSA’s premier professional learning events: the COSA Summer Conference, the Annual Principals Conference, the Oregon School Law Conference, and the English Learners Alliance Conference.
- Participation includes ongoing mentoring throughout the 2021/22 school year by OESPA and OASSA Executive Committee members.
- Session #1: Getting to Know Your Stakeholders: Staff, Students, Parents, and the Community
- Session #2: Communicating Your Why: Building Mission, Vision, and Culture on Day One
- Session #3: Instructional Leadership: Modeling Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Session #4: Preparing for the First 100 Days: Programs, Systems, and Practices
- Session #5: Special Education and 504: What You Need to Know as a School Leader
- Session #6: Leading For Equity: Ensuring the Success of Every Student
- Session #7: Staff and Student Investigations, Documentation, and Reporting
- Session #8: Evaluation Timelines and Processes: Preparing for Mid-Year Reviews, Contract Renewals, Non-Extensions, and Plans of Assistance
- Session #9: Budgeting 101: Developing, Implementing, and Monitoring a School Budget to Support Student Learning
- Session #10: The Art and Science of Teaching: Building You School’s Professional Capacity through Recruitment, Hiring, and Onboarding
Program Dates and Locations:
- Sessions 1-2 - Wednesday, August 4, 2021 (8:30am - 12:00pm)
- Sessions 3-4 - Wednesday, August 4, 2021 (1:00pm - 3:00pm)
- Sessions 5-6 - Friday, October 8, 2021 (9:00am -1:00pm)
- Sessions 7-8 - Wednesday, December 1, 2021 (9:00am - 1:00pm)
- Sessions 9-10 - Wednesday, March 9, 2022 (9:00am - 1:00pm)
In order to participate in this year-long program, you must be a COSA "Active" Member. To join click here.
- August 4, 2021 (held in conjunction with the Summer Conference)
- October 8, 2021 (this will be a fully virtual event)
- December 1, 2021 (held in conjunction with the Law Conference)
- March 9, 2022 (held in conjunction with the English Learners Alliance Conference)