You are here
2021-2022 New Principals Academy
August 4, 2021 (held in conjunction with the Summer Conference)
October 8, 2021 (held inconjunction with the Principals Conference)
December 1, 2021 (held in conjunction with the Law Conference)
March 9, 2022 (held in conjunction with the English Learners Alliance Conference)
In order to participate in this year-long program, you must be a COSA "Active" member.
- Focused on professional learning that will provide relevant just-in-time information and interactive activities designed to support new K-12 principals and other school administrators.
- Professional support provided by COSA staff, OESPA and OASSA leadership, and experienced administrators throughout Oregon.
- Participation includes registration to four of COSA’s premier professional learning events: the COSA Summer Conference, the Annual Principals Conference, the Oregon School Law Conference, and the English Learners Alliance Conference.
- Participation includes ongoing mentoring throughout the 2021/22 school year by OESPA and OASSA Executive Committee members.
- Session #1: Getting to Know Your Stakeholders: Staff, Students, Parents, and the Community
- Session #2: Communicating Your Why: Building Mission, Vision, and Culture on Day One
- Session #3: Instructional Leadership: Modeling Teaching and Learning Daily
- Session #4: Preparing for the First 100 Days: Programs, Systems, and Practices
- Session #5: Special Education and 504: What You Need to Know as a School Leader
- Session #6: Leading For Equity: Ensuring the Success of Every Student
- Session #7: Staff and Student Investigations, Documentation, and Reporting
- Session #8: Evaluation Timelines and Processes: Preparing for Mid-Year Reviews, Contract Renewals, Non-Extensions, and Plans of Assistance
- Session #9: Budgeting 101: Developing, Implementing, and Monitoring a School Budget to Support Student Learning
- Session #10: The Art and Science of Teaching: Building You School’s Professional Capacity through Recruitment, Hiring, and Onboarding
Program Dates and Locations:
- Sessions 1-2 - Wednesday, August 4, 2021 (9:00am - 12:00pm)
- Sessions 3-4 - Wednesday, August 4, 2021 (1:00pm - 1:40pm)
- Sessions 5-6 - Wednesday, October 8, 2021 (9:00am -1:00pm)
- Sessions 7-8 - Wednesday, December 1, 2021 (9:00am - 1:00pm)
- Sessions 9-10 - Wednesday, March 9, 2022 (9:00am - 1:00pm)