You are here
2021 ESSER Webinar
Planning for Learning Recovery and Utilizing Your ESSER FUNDS
Join Us for a FREE Webinar - Thursday, May 6 | 1:00PM–3:00PM
This free webinar will provide strategies to help accelerate learning. District teams will explore:
- Targeted strategies to recover from learning loss and accelerate learning for all students
- Best practices to create extended learning time opportunities this summer and beyond the classroom
- Developing an effective plan for the management and tracking of federal stimulus funding
- Partnering with families to support student learning
Please register in advance for this meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. For those who can’t attend, a link of the recorded webinar will be provided.
About the speakers:
- Jimmy Brehm, Ed.D., is the VP of Academic Planning and Solution Development at Scholastic, where he helps schools and districts create and implement literacy instruction plans. Prior to joining Scholastic, Dr. Brehm was the Chief Academic Officer at Woodford County Schools in Kentucky, and he has more than 14 years of experience in public education.
- Karen L. Mapp, Ph.D., is the coauthor of several books on home-school partnerships, including Beyond the Bake Sale: The Essential Guide to Family-School Partnerships and Powerful Partnerships: A Teacher’s Guide to Engaging Families for Student Success. She is also the author of the Dual Capacity–Building Framework for Family-School Partnerships.
- Ron Mirr has helped schools and families collaborate to improve learning for more than 40 years. As president of the Center for Active Family Engagement and RM Consulting, he works with schools to identify and address barriers to learning, connect families to mental health and other supportive services, and create spaces where students feel welcomed, safe, and valued.