You are here
2022-2023 Assistant Principals Seminar Series
October 5, 2022
January 11, 2023
April 12, 2023
June 21, 2023
Click here to download the flyer.
Objective: The Assistant Principals Seminar Series provides relevant, just-in-time information and interactive activities designed to support K-12 assistant principals. Two seminar sessions will take place in person at COSA conferences, and two sessions will be conducted online via Zoom.
Mentorship Support: We include ongoing mentoring throughout the 2022-23 school year by OESPA and OASSA Executive Committee members. Professional support is provided by COSA staff, OESPA and OASSA leadership, and experienced administrators throughout Oregon.
* Participants must have "active" status as a COSA member. *
- Getting to know your constituents: staff, students, parents and community
- Communicating your why: Building mission, vision and culture on day one
- Instructional leadership: Modeling teaching and learning daily
- Preparing for the first 100 days: programs, systems and practices
- Gaining experience in a wide range of leadership responsibilities
- Special education and 504: What you need to know as a school leader
- Leading for equity: Ensuring the success of every student
- Staff and student investigations, documentation and reporting
- Evaluation timelines and processes
- Determining your goals on your journey as an assistant principal
- And much, much more!
Save the dates!
|October 5, 2022||8:30 to 11:30||Special Ed Conference, Eugene|
|January 11, 2023||4:30 to 6:30||via Zoom|
|April 12, 2023||4:30 to 6:30||via Zoom|
|June 21, 2023||8:30 to 11:30||Annual Seaside Conference|
Cost: $495 for the entire series. Registration includes two COSA conferences at no charge.
Registration: Contact Sera Lockwood at email@example.com or 503-581-3141
Questions: Contact Tina Acker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carmen Gelman, email@example.com