You are here
2022-2023 Aspiring Superintendent Program
INTERESTED IN THE SUPERINTENDENCY?
Join us for a three-part seminar series preparing potential superintendent candidates for the position. Click here to download the flyer.
Oct. 24, 2022, Dec. 7, 2022 & Feb. 8, 2023
Call 503-581-3141 or register online
$99 for all three sessions
The Aspiring Superintendent Seminar provides a collegial cohort opportunity for leaders who wish to become Oregon superintendents.
Learn how to apply for the many vacancies that will be available in Oregon for the 2023-2024 school year and how to be prepared for the process. Hear from state and national superintendent search consultants about what school boards and districts are looking for in a superintendent.
This seminar will show you the rewards and challenges today’s superintendents face, the politics of the position, how to work with school boards, negotiating your contract, and most importantly — what administrators DON’T know about the position!
One goal of the seminar is to have potential candidates fully prepared to enter into a superintendent search process.
Topics covered during the seminar will include:
- Navigating the superintendent search process
- Search firm tips
- Frequently asked questions
- Needed application materials
- Preparing for an interview
- Enhancing school district and community relations
- Board governance and the role of the superintendent
- Understanding Oregon’s State School Fund (SSF) model
- Instructional leadership vs. operations – finding the balance
We will provide support for the search process, including resumes and letters of interest.
- Monday, Oct. 24, 2022 - 1:00-4:00 pm - Eugene – Graduate Hotel (Coincides with COSA’s Principal Conference)
- Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2022 - 1:00-3:00 pm - Eugene – Graduate Hotel (Pre-conference day for Oregon Law Conference)
- Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2023 - 9:00-11:30 am - Salem – COSA office
For more info: Krista Parent Krista@cosa.k12.or.us