You are here
2022-2023 New Principals Academy
August 3, 2022
October 23, 2022
December 7, 2022
March 8, 2023
Objective: The New Principals Academy provides relevant just-in-time information and interactive activities designed to support new K-12 principals and other school administrators. Academy sessions will take place in conjunction with COSA conferences (see below).
Mentorship Support: Participation includes ongoing mentoring throughout the 2022/23 school year by OESPA and OASSA Executive Committee members. Professional support is provided by COSA staff, OESPA and OASSA leadership, and experienced administrators throughout Oregon.
In order to participate, you must be a COSA “Active” member.
- Getting to Know Your Stakeholders: Staff, Students, Parents, and the Community
- Communicating Your Why: Building Mission, Vision, and Culture on Day One
- Instructional Leadership: Modeling Teaching and Learning Daily
- Preparing for the First 100 Days: Programs, Systems, and Practices
- Special Education and 504: What You Need to Know as a School Leader
- Leading For Equity: Ensuring the Success of Every Student
- Staff and Student Investigations, Documentation, and Reporting
- Evaluation Timelines and Processes: Preparing for Mid-Year Reviews, Contract Renewals, Non-Extensions, and Plans of Assistance
- And much more!
SAVE THE DATES!
Academy sessions are offered in conjunction with these COSA events; more details to come.
|August 3, 2022||Time TBA||Graduate Hotel, Eugene||Summer Conference|
|October 23, 2022||Time TBA||Graduate Hotel, Eugene||Principals Conference|
|December 7, 2022||Time TBA||Graduate Hotel, Eugene||Law Conference|
|March 8, 2023||Time TBA||Graduate Hotel, Eugene||ELA Conference|
Cost: $895 for the year-long Academy experience. Registration includes the four COSA conferences at no charge.
Registration: Contact Sera Lockwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-581-3141.
Questions: Contact Tina Acker at email@example.com or Carmen Gelman, firstname.lastname@example.org