You are here
2022-2023 New Special Education Directors Academy
August 3, 2022
October 5, 2022
December 7, 2022
Additional sessions to be announced.
Objective: This seminar series is dedicated to supporting new Directors/Coordinators during their first, second or third year of serving their school district in their roles. These meetings will focus on current concerns from the field and areas that need clarifying. Academy sessions will be held in
conjunction with major COSA conferences.
Mentor support: New directors will learn about important requirements, concepts and deadlines throughout the school year. Veteran directors will offer their support, and participants will be able to network with COSA, ODE members and colleagues. Come join us!
Participants must have “active” status as a COSA member.
December 7th Panel Speakers:
- Joel Hungerford, Attorney, The Hungerford Law Firm - Bio
- Taylor Kinch, Attorney, The Hungerford Law Firm - Bio
- Lori Thompson, Director of Student Services, St. Helens SD - Bio
- Kevin Carroll, Director of Student Services, McMinnville SD
- Elaine Fox, Executive Director of Student Services, Hillsboro SD - Bio
- Danielle Hudson, Executive Administrator for Student Services, Beaverton, SD - Bio
- Erica Gordon, Special Services Director, Mt. Angel SD - Bio
SAVE THE DATES!
Academy sessions are planned in conjunction with these major COSA conferences. Additional virtual meetings on special topics will be announced throughout the school year as needed.
|Aug. 3, 2022||9:00-12:45||Graduate Hotel, Eugene||Summer Conference|
|Oct. 5, 2022||8:30-noon||Graduate Hotel, Eugene||Special Ed Conference|
|Dec. 7, 2022||8:00-12:30||Graduate Hotel, Eugene||Law Conference|
|Additional session to be announced.|
Cost: $895. Registration includes Summer Conference, Special Education Conference and the Law Conference at no additional fee.
Registration: Contact Sera Lockwood at email@example.com or 503-581-3141.
Questions: Contact Shelly Reggiani at firstname.lastname@example.org