You are here
2023-2024 Aspiring Superintendent Program
October 4, 2023
December 6, 2023
January 24, 2024
Click here to download the flyer.
Are you interested in the superintendency?
Join us for a three-part seminar series preparing potential superintendent candidates for the position.
Oct. 4, 2023, Dec. 6, 2023 & Jan. 24, 2024
Call 503-581-3141 or register online
$199 for all three sessions
The Aspiring Superintendent Seminar provides a collegial cohort opportunity for leaders who wish to become Oregon superintendents.
Learn how to apply for the many vacancies that will be available in Oregon for the 2024-2025 school year and how to be prepared for the process. Hear from state and national superintendent search consultants about what school boards and districts are looking for in a superintendent.
This seminar will show you the rewards and challenges today’s superintendents face, the politics of the position, how to work with school boards, negotiating your contract, and most importantly —what administrators DON’T know about the position!
One goal of the seminar is to have potential candidates fully prepared to enter into a superintendent search process. Topics covered during the seminar will include:
- Navigating the superintendent search process
- Search firm tips
- Frequently asked questions
- Needed application materials
- Preparing for an interview
- Enhancing school district and community relations
- Board governance and the role of the superintendent
- Understanding Oregon’s State School Fund (SSF) model
- Instructional leadership vs. operations – finding the balance
We will provide support for the search process, including resumes and letters of interest.
- Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2023 - 1:00-4:00 p.m., Graduate Hotel, Eugene (In conjunction with COSA’s Special Education Conference)
- Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2023 - 1:00-3:00 p.m., Graduate Hotel, Eugene (In conjunction with the Oregon School Law Conference)
- Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2024 - 2:00-5:00 p.m., Salishan Coastal Lodge, Gleneden Beach (In conjunction with COSA’s Winter Conference)
For more information:
Krista Parent, Deputy Executive Director, COSA