You are here
Early Learning Regional Spring Seminar
April 17, 2017 - Skybox at Ridgeview HS (Redmond) - FULL - Click here to be put on a waiting list.
April 18, 2017 - Clackamas ESD - FULL - Click here to be put on a waiting list.
April 19, 2017 - Willamette ESD - FULL - Click here to be put on a waiting list.
8:30 to 8:45 Welcome from OESPA and HUB Leadership
8:45 to 9:15 What Are Your Needs
9:15 to 10:30 Oregon's Early Learning and Kindergarten Guidelines
10:30 to 10:45 Break
10:45 to 12:00 Essential Literacy Instructional Practices in PreK-3
12:00 to 12:45 Lunch (provided)
12:45 to 2:45 Working the Clay While It's Soft: Growing Early Mindsets (GEM)
2:45 to 3:00 Closure OESPA Leadership
- Kara Williams, Early Education to K-3 – Education Specialist, ODE - Oregon's Early Learning and Kindergarten Guidelines - The newly released Oregon’s Early Learning and Kindergarten Guidelines contribute to Oregon’s movement towards a seamless PreK-3rd grade system. The Guidelines provide common expectations and language to enhance adult planning, collaboration, and implementation of quality, individualized instruction and developmental supports to ensure that children are ready for kindergarten and on track to read at grade level by third grade. Participants in this session will:
- explore the five domains addressed in the Guidelines: approaches to learning, social-emotional development, language and communication, literacy, and mathematics;
- closely consider/examine the approaches to learning and social-emotional development domains that include new kindergarten level standards; and
- identify ways to use the Guidelines to plan high-quality interactions, individualized instruction, and supports for all children.
- Early Learning and Kindergarten Guidelines
- Desiree Kiesel, Education Program Specialist, ODE - Essential Literacy Instructional Practices in PreK-3rd - This session will focus on 10 essential practices all teachers can easily put into place to increase literacy for all students. Focusing on the research of Nell Duke and the CORE instructional practices, this session will provide teachers with effective strategies, and administrators with easy observational protocols, to help shape an early literacy program.
- Kendra Coates, Director of PreK-3 Education, High Desert ESD - Working the Clay While It's Soft: Growing Early Mindsets (GEM) - In this session, participants will explore how growth mindset and social and emotional learning (SEL) translate into PreK-3rd learning environments.
April 17, 2017
The Skybox at Ridgeview HS
4555 SW Elkhorn Ave
Redmond, OR 97756
April 19, 2017
2611 Pringle Road SE
Room: Polk Room
Salem, OR 97302
Click here for directions.