Sisters High School, a proud 4A member of the OSAA Oregon West League, invites applications for the position of Head Football Coach. The candidate must possess the skills of a dynamic teacher who loves the game of Football and is passionate about working with student-athletes. The applicant will demonstrate the ability to truly lead a Football program and its surrounding culture in its entirety. Leadership of all assistants, program operations, media relations, and coordination with programs K through 12 are all vital portions of this position. Knowledge and commitment to the academic success of all Sisters athletes, commitment to school, conference, and OSAA regulations are required.
Sisters is located in beautiful and sunny Central Oregon with surrounding mountains, lakes, streams and outdoor activities which include; skiing, fishing, climbing, and boating. Central Oregon is a hub for athletics based education and communities committed to healthy lifestyles.
Interested candidates please contact:
Tracy Suckow Phone: 541- 549-8521 ext. 5021
• Sisters School District Athletics Department seeks to develop the athlete as a total
person and encourages multidimensional athletes. We seek coaches who are motivated, enthusiastic, and driven to developing talent in accordance with this philosophy.
• Ability to develop, articulate, and implement a vision for Sisters School District Football Program K-12. Have high expectations for all student-athletes and coaching staff.
• Communicate effectively with players, parents, and administration on plans and expectations for the program.
• Realize that you are a role model and are expected to conduct yourself with the highest ethical and moral standards of good sportsmanship and teaching.
• Develop and implement an off season program for your athletes.
• Scheduling practice sessions with consideration for assistant coaches and student-athlete welfare.
• Work with the local media and the OSAA as needed including reporting of scores.
• Recommend / assist in scheduling for your sport to the Athletic Director.
• Hire quality assistants for your program and make sure they are properly certified.
• Fundraise for needs outside limited budget.
• Recommend and purchase of new equipment.
• Responsible for marking, care, inventory of supplies/uniforms etc.
• Responsible for your sports academic improvement / accountability.
• Understand and be a conduit of information regarding eligibility, tryouts, cuts and all other team-related information including lettering, team rules etc.
• In case of injury making sure that the athletic trainer, parents, and if necessary the doctor are involved in care of the student athlete.
• Honoring all levels of athletic achievement through the celebration of improvement.
• Embrace the desire to build inclusive programs based on the pursuit of excellence (Advocate for all participants to attain an opportunity for athletic participation,
physical fitness, health, well-being, and champion’s attitude).
• Assist in set-up and take-down all home athletic contests.
• Approach challenges as a team. Demonstrate a unified effort which is distinguished by loyalty, selflessness, cooperation, and honoring the Sisters community.
• Model the “Outlaws Together” attitude by working with all coaches, administrators, and staff within the athletic department on a common mission.
• Top-Notch teaching, communication, motivation, technology, and organization skills.
• He/she should have knowledge of the sport and rules of high school Football, hold NFHS
• Foundations of Coaching, Heads Up Football, Concussion, Steroid, 3 Dimensional Coaching, and Heat Illness certifications as well as a valid First Aid / CPR card prior to working with the student athletes.
• Successful high school / college coaching experience or equivalent.
• Strong collaboration with other coaches by building enthusiasm, loyalty, cooperation and friendships all as a basis for an athletic department built on the pursuit of excellence.
• Have high academic expectations of student / athletes and hold all players accountable.
Posting can be located at: http://ssd6.org/departments/humanresources/jobs/
Start Date: August 2, 2021
Salary: $ 5,209.00 - $ 5,953.00
Position Closes: Until Filled
Submission Details: Please submit your Letter of Interest, Resume, Co-Curricular Application, and letters of recommendation to:
Sisters School District
Attn: Tracy Suckow
525 E. Cascade Ave.
Sisters, OR 97759
Sisters School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer