Sisters High School, a proud 4A member of the OSAA Oregon West League, invites applications for the position of Assistant Boys Basketball – JV2 Coach. The candidate must possess the skills of a dynamic teacher who loves the sport of Basketball and is passionate about working with student-athletes. The applicant will demonstrate the ability to assist the head coach in leading a Boys Basketball program and its surrounding culture in its entirety. Support of the head coach, operations, and coordination with the middle school and youth basketball programs are all vital portions of this position. Knowledge and commitment to the academic success of all Sisters athletes, commitment to school, conference, and OSAA regulations are required.
Sisters is located in beautiful and sunny Central Oregon with surrounding mountains, lakes, streams and outdoor activities which include; skiing, fishing, climbing, and boating. Central Oregon is a hub for athletics based education and communities committed to healthy lifestyles.
Interested candidates please contact:
Phone: 541- 549-8521 Ext. 5021
Posting can be located at: http://www.ssd6.org/departments/humanresources/jobs under Co-Curricular.
• Sisters School District Athletics Department seeks to develop the athlete as a total person and encourages multidimensional athletes. We seek coaches, who are motivated, enthusiastic, and driven to developing talent in accordance with this philosophy.
• Assist in developing, articulation, and implementation for Sisters School District Boys Basketball program K-12. Have high expectations for all student-athletes and coaching staff.
• Realize that you are a role model and are expected to conduct yourself with the highest ethical and moral standards of good sportsmanship and teaching.
• Develop and implement an off season program for your athletes.
• Work with the local media and the OSAA as needed including reporting of scores.
• Assist in fundraising needs outside of a limited budget.
• Assist in marking, care, inventory of supplies/uniforms etc. Responsible for your sports academic improvement / accountability.
• Understand and be a conduit of information regarding eligibility, tryouts, cuts and all other team-related information including lettering, team rules etc.
• In case of injury making sure that the athletic trainer, parents, and if necessary the doctor are involved in care of the student athlete.
• Honoring all levels of athletic achievement through the celebration of improvement.
• Embrace the desire to build inclusive programs based on the pursuit of excellence. (Advocate for all participants to attain an opportunity for athletic participation,
physical fitness, health, well-being, and champion’s attitude.)
• Assist in set-up / run / take-down all home athletic contests.
• Approach challenges as a team. Demonstrate a unified effort which is distinguished by loyalty, selflessness, cooperation, and honoring the Sisters community.
• Model the “Outlaws Together” attitude by working with all coaches, administrators, and staff within the athletic department on a common mission.
• Top-Notch teaching, communication, motivation, technology, and organization skills.
• He/she should have knowledge of the technical rules of High School Basketball, hold NFHS
• Foundations of Coaching, Concussion, Steroid, 3D Coaching, and Heat Illness certifications as well as a valid First Aid / CPR card prior to working with the student athletes.
• Exemplify a strong desire to develop as many young student athletes as possible.
• Successful high school / college coaching experience or equivalent.
• Strong collaboration with other coaches by building enthusiasm, loyalty, cooperation and friendships all as a basis for an athletic department built on the pursuit of excellence.
• Have high academic expectations of student / athletes and hold all players accountable.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $3,535.00 - $4,279.00 Season
Position Closes: Until Filled
Submission Details: Please submit your Letter of Interest, Resume, Co-Curricular Application, and letters of recommendation to:
Sisters School District
Attn: Tracy Suckow 541 549-8521 #5021
525 E. Cascade Ave.
Sisters, OR 97759
Sisters School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer