The Hermiston School District is seeking applicants for Assistant Principal at Sandstone Middle School. The Middle School Assistant Principal, under the direction of the Principal will plan, direct, administer, and evaluate functions necessary to ensure efficient operations, instructional leadership, staff supervision, student services, and athletics and activities at the middle school.
• Valid Oregon administrative license or ability to obtain one prior to July 1, 2021
• 5 years of successful teaching experience
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Human Resources Department may find appropriate and acceptable.
• Previous leadership experience
• Secondary level (6-12) teaching experience
• Experience working with diverse populations
• Working knowledge of Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s), Common Core Standards, Response to Intervention, and Data Teams
• Experience with secondary school instructional reform and staff development
• Experience with supervision and evaluation of licensed and classified staff