Executive Director, Human Resources
Position Type: Administration, Exempt
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Salary: $119,302 - $132,504 annually
Start Date: July 1, 2021
Calendar: 260 days with 22 paid vacation days
This positon is a member of the ESD's executive leadership team. This position plans, directs, and administers all human resource functions for the District including employee recruitment, staffing, compensation and employee benefit programs, labor relations activities, staff evaluation programs, staff development programs, and personnel record systems. This position also provides support/direction to the Facilities Department and Courier services.
- Develops, administers, and interprets ESD personnel policies, practices, and procedures.
- Plans, directs, and supervises recruitment activities for all positions in accordance with ESD equal employment opportunity policies and goals for maintaining a culturally and linguistically diverse workforce. Establishes and maintains a system of personnel records in compliance with state and federal requirements, including the preparation and submission of required personnel reports.
- Plans, directs, and supervises implementation of the employee classification review process; develops and maintain accurate position descriptions.
- Plans, directs, and oversees the implementation of employee evaluation systems.
- Conduct and/or direct personnel investigations, employee discipline and grievance procedures.
- Leads dismissal hearings, non-renewal cases and plans of assistance.
- Provides consultation on a wide range of human resource matters and administrative issues, and assists administrators and supervisors in resolving human resources-related problems.
- Plans, directs, and supervises employee benefit programs; including worker’s compensation.
- Plans, directs, and supervises labor relations activities for the ESD including collective bargaining negotiations.
- Administers collective bargaining contracts and agreements.
- Hire, direct, and evaluate assigned staff.
- Plans and directs ESD Wellness and Safety Programs, including Tragedy Response and Emergency Response programs.
- Plans and administers staff development for management staff related to personnel policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreement, evaluation or other related topics.
- Develop and administer the Human Resources and other assigned operating budgets in accordance with ESD policies and procedures.
- Develop and/or participate in work teams/committees designed to support Human Resources functions or contribute to ESD effectiveness.
- Act as a liaison between Lane ESD and appropriate state and federal agencies on issues related to personnel management.
- Provide direct supervision of Courier Services.
- Provide leadership and/or direction for the Facilities department.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in education, human resources management or related field required
- pHCLE certification preferred.
- Five years of administrative and supervisory experience in human resources, including labor relations; recruitment, selection, and retention of a diverse workforce; development and application of HR policies and procedures required.
- A valid Oregon Administrator’s license.
- Experience with staffing needs of special education classrooms and programs preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish language is preferred.
- Consideration will be given to an alternative combination of experience and training that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resource management, including culturally responsive practices.
- Commitment to affirmative action and cultural diversity.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to maintain a global perspective and vision; establish and implement workgroup direction; motivate staff; and to make effective decisions.
- Excellent communications skills, including writing, presenting information and speaking, and facilitating groups.
- Ability to plan organize, and implement projects to meet schedules and timelines.
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets, address multiple priorities, lead and supervise staff, adapt to change and meet timelines.
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with ESD staff, constituent districts, ODE, TSPC, and other appropriate education, governmental and community agencies.
- Ability to be flexible and fluid with schedule or meeting changes.
- Ability to use technology necessary to perform job duties.
To apply for this position, go to: https://www.applitrack.com/lesdk12or/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Adm...
Applications must include a resume, cover letter and two letters of recommendation.
About Lane ESD
In providing services to Lane County school districts, Lane ESD seeks to fulfill our core purpose of Shaping the Future: Supporting Excellence in Education. Lane ESD employees strive to embody core values of equity, commitment, leadership, collaboration, and integrity. The mission of education service districts is to assist school districts and the Department of Education in achieving Oregon’s educational goals by providing equitable, high quality, cost-effective and locally responsive educational services at a regional level. The ESD partners with school districts, local universities and community college, and other community agencies in providing quality services to the component school districts in Lane County.
Lane ESD provides a wide array of services to the 16 School Districts in Lane County serving about 45,000 students. Services in special education, school improvement, technology, and administrative services are designed to support districts in meeting the challenge of serving a diverse student population. We focus on systemic school improvement, multicultural curriculum, and assisting districts in development of students who are well prepared to be global citizens. Additional information about Lane ESD is available at www.lesd.k12.or.us
Lane ESD is an equal opportunity employer, and complies with federal and state statutes which prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, handicap and marital status.