Administrator: Coordinator Special Programs - SOESD
Southern Oregon Education Service District is seeking an experienced Coordinator to provide leadership to the organization’s Special Education Services department, support and manage a team of licensed, classified, and administrative staff, and coordinate services to students in the multi-county area and programs and services provided to school districts served by SOESD. Applicants should have experience in staff supervision and evaluation, creation and procurement of professional development opportunities, and knowledge of state and federal special education policy and procedure. Experience with a wide range of special education services for students with multiple/severe and low-incidence disabilities is preferred. Please visit www.soesd.k12.or.us/special_education for a list of special education services offered by SOESD. Applicants with passion and experience in any particular area(s) are encouraged to apply.
Southern Oregon ESD is located in the Rogue Valley, the cultural and economic heart of southern Oregon, home to legendary snow-skiing, white-water rafting, kayaking, hiking, fishing, as well as numerous cultural venues and events such as art galleries, the Britt Music Festivals, the Ashland Independent Film Festival, and the renowned Oregon Shakespeare Festival. For more information on living in Medford, please go to: https://www.travelmedford.org/
POSITION GOAL: Provide leadership in coordinating and supervising assigned special education programs and support services.
1. Establish program goals, policies and procedures.
2. Develop, implement and monitor program services.
3. Develop and supervise program budgets and expenditures.
4. Interview, select and recommend employment of staff.
5. Develop and implement staff in-service training and evaluation procedures.
6. Provide consultative and technical assistance regarding special education procedures, evaluation, instruction, and legal issues.
7. Develop grants and proposals to support program functions.
8. Maintain effective public relations with parents, community, local districts and state education agencies.
9. Resolve and/or refer to the Superintendent any program, staff, district, or public concerns.
10.Comply with Southern Oregon ESD administrative rules and board policies.
11. Perform physical requirements unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation (see reverse).
12. Perform job-related tasks as designated by Superintendent.
1. Valid Oregon Administrative License
2. Five years' successful administrative experience in special education or related area
3. Master's degree in special education or related field.
4. Three or more years successful performance in supervising special education or related areas.
If interested in seeking employment at Southern Oregon ESD, please apply directly by visiting our website at http://www.soesd.k12.or.us/jobssoesd/ openings and look for posting #583.
Here you will find a complete job description, requirements and application.
To be considered for this position, a formal application must be submitted through our website.
The SOESD is an equal opportunity employer. SOESD provides a competitive salary and benefit package.
LENGTH OF POSITION: 260 Day Calendar Year / 1.0 FTE
SALARY: $97,907.04 - $119,347.35 per 2021-2022 Licensed Administrator Salary Schedule
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Administrator
SOESD Benefits: Southern Oregon ESD contributes payments for health, dental and vision insurance premiums for qualified employees. Employer-paid PERS, 9 paid holidays, a generous sick, vacation and discretionary (personal) leave packet is also provided to qualified employees.
Health Insurance: MODA
Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
Southern Oregon ESD contributes up to $1960.00 per month (family coverage)
Health Savings Accounts for high deductible plans
Flexible Spending Accounts – medical, day-care expenses Optional Coverage for Additional Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability Insurance through Aflac or American Fidelity403(b) through Carruth Compliance Consulting
American Fidelity 403(b)
Mercy Flights Membership
Retirement: PERS - Public Employee Retirement System
Southern Oregon ESD pays the 6% employee contribution on behalf of each employee
The following physical requirements are essential functions of the Coordinator- Special Education Services job description.
1. Stand/Walk: [ ] None [X] 1-4 Hrs/Day [ ] 4-6 Hrs/Day [ ] 6-8 Hrs/Day
2. Sit: [ ] None [ ] 1-4 Hrs/Day [X] 4-6 Hrs/Day [ ] 6-8 Hrs/Day
3. Drive: [ ] None [X] 1-4 Hrs/Day [ ] 4-6 Hrs/Day [ ] 6-8 Hrs/Day
4. Bending: [ ] Frequently [X] Occasionally [ ] Limited [ ] Not At All
5. Squat: [ ] Frequently [X] Occasionally [ ] Limited [ ] Not At All
6. Climb Stairs: [ ] Frequently [X] Occasionally [ ] Limited [ ] Not At All
7. Single Grasping: [X] Frequently [ ] Occasionally [ ] Limited [ ] Not At All
8. Pushing: [ ] Frequently [X] Occasionally [ ] Limited [ ] Not At All
9. Pulling: [ ] Frequently [X] Occasionally [ ] Limited [ ] Not At All
10. Fine Manipulation: [X] Frequently [ ] Occasionally [ ] Limited [ ] Not At All
11. Repetitive Foot Controls: [ ] Frequently [ ] Occasionally [X] Limited [ ] Not At All
12. Lifting (less than 25 lbs): [X] Frequently [ ] Occasionally [ ] Limited [ ] Not At All
13. Lifting ( 25 - 50 lbs): [ ] Frequently [X] Occasionally [ ] Limited [ ] Not At All
14. Lifting (50 - 75 lbs): [ ] Frequently [ ] Occasionally [X] Limited [ ] Not At All
15. Lifting (75 - 100 lbs): [ ] Frequently [ ] Occasionally [X] Limited [ ] Not At All