Southern Oregon ESD seeks an equity-focused educator to support our STEM and CTE programs in building Career Connected Learning opportunities for students throughout our region. The successful applicant will bring qualities and skills that will help us meet the goal that ALL learners will have access to a continuum of experiences within a framework of career awareness, exploration, preparation, and training (PK-12) leading to purposeful and engaging careers.
Southern Oregon ESD is located in the Rogue Valley, the cultural and economic heart of southern Oregon, home to legendary snow-skiing, white-water rafting, kayaking, hiking, fishing, as well as numerous cultural venues and events such as art galleries, the Britt Music Festivals, the Ashland Independent Film Festival, and the renowned Oregon Shakespeare Festival. For more information on living in Medford, please go to: https://www.travelmedford.org/
POSITION GOAL: Support program operations and provide technical assistance, program support, and training to teachers and staff.
1. Facilitate and support CTE and STEAM program operations and activities.
2. Create and manage data tracking systems, such as CTE / STEAM effort and impact, recruitment, curriculum development, and Program of Study (POS) Technical Skills Assessment (TSA) tracking information for Perkins focus areas to support seamless transitions for secondary students into postsecondary studies.
3. Work with community partners, business/ industry partners, consortium leadership, higher education organizations, and K-12 districts to facilitate development of new and expanded CTE / STEAM curriculum.
4. Research, recommend, and provide technical support for CTE / STEAM technologies in secondary and post-secondary institutions.
5. Support teachers and staff in the classroom by researching, learning, and providing training on the use of new and existing curriculum and technologies related to the multiple businesses and industries that are linked to CTE specific POS and STEAM career fields.
6. Work closely with producers, suppliers, resellers, and industry trainers of new and existing technologies to arrange the purchase and scheduling of equipment and training in the use of those technologies.
7. Work with community partners, business / industry partners, consortium leadership, higher education organizations, and K-12 districts to determine and schedule professional development opportunities.
8. Work with ODE in supporting CTE staff to follow official procedures for new and existing Perkins Federal forms, to file forms, and to provide training in the proper procedures for completing the forms.
9. Advocate and promote CTE and STEAM through interaction with and support ofK-12 and higher education administrators, CTE teachers, core academic teachers, high school guidance counselors, industry partners, community service providers, and other staff.
10. Provide exemplary customer service.
11. Use professional communication and conduct.
12. Establish and maintain high trust regional relationships.
13. Comply with local district and ESD rules, policies and procedures.
14. Participate in professional growth activities .
15. Perform physical requirements unaided or with assistance of some reasonable accommodation.
16. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor Degree, preferably in a CTE Program of Study (POS).
2. Valid TSPC Teaching License (Preferred)
3. Oregon Driver License
4. Four (4) years experience teaching in a CTE POS, or three (3) years experience in a career related to CTE. Demonstrated successful experience with advanced technologies related to CTE / STEAM field.
5. Professional communication and conduct and maintenance of high trust relationships.
The equivalent combination of experience, training, certification, education or degree that in the district's opinion provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be used as an alternative to prerequisites.
If interested in seeking employment at Southern Oregon ESD, please apply directly by visiting our website at http://www.soesd.k12.or.us/jobssoesd/ openings and look for posting #588.
Here you will find a complete job description, requirements and application.
To be considered for this position, a formal application must be submitted through our website.
The SOESD is an equal opportunity employer. SOESD provides a competitive salary and benefit package.
SOESD Benefits: (For .50 FTE and Over)
Southern Oregon ESD contributes payments for health, dental and vision insurance premiums for qualified employees. Employer-paid PERS, 9 paid holidays,
a generous sick, vacation and discretionary (personal) leave packet is also provided to qualified employees.
Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
Southern Oregon ESD contributes up to $2142.00 per month (family coverage)
Health Savings Accounts for high deductible plans
Flexible Spending Accounts – medical, day-care expenses Optional Coverage for Additional Life, AD&D,
Short Term Disability Insurance through Aflac or American Fidelity403(b) through Carruth Compliance Consulting
Mercy Flights Membership
PERS - Public Employee Retirement System
Southern Oregon ESD pays the 6% employee contribution on behalf of each employee
LENGTH OF POSITION: 1.0 FTE / 258 Calendar Year
CLASSIFIED HOURLY COMPENSATION SCHEDULE: Per Classified Bargaining Agreement - $22.34 - $26.76
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Administrator
The following physical requirements are essential functions of the CTE /STEAM Project Facilitator:
I. Stand/Walk: None X 1-4 Hrs/Day 4-6 Hrs/Day 6-8 Hrs/Day
2. Sit/Sit on Floor: None X 1-4 Hrs/Day 4-6 Hrs/Day 6-8 Hrs/Day
3. Drive: None X 1-4 Hrs/Day 4-6 Hrs/Day 6-8 Hrs/Day
4. Bending: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
5. Squat: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
6. Climb Stairs: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
7. Single Grasping: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
8. Pushing: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
9. Pulling: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
10. Fine Manipulation: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
11. Repetitive Foot Controls: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
12. Lifting (less than 25 lbs): Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
13. Lifting (25-50 lbs): Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
14. Lifting (50-75 lbs): Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
15. Lifting (75-100 lbs): Frequently Occasionally XLimited Not At All
16. Shift position quickly: Frequently Occasionally X Limited Not At All
17. Strength/endurance: Frequently Occasionally X Limited Not At All