Bethel School District in Eugene, OR is actively seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Special Services Director for the 2021-22 school year. This position requires a valid Oregon Administrative License.
Nature of Work
The Assistant Director of Special Services employs innovation, best practices, and research to plan, organize, direct, facilitate, and provide leadership and support services to schools and special education programs.
Bethel Schools are committed to creating safe, caring, mutually respectful environments where all students are honored and valued for their diverse cultural backgrounds, strengths, and abilities in every instructional practice and school activity, to support academic achievement and student success.
Position Responsibilities and Examples of Job Duties:
• Assist in ensuring that special education programs and related services operate within district and state goals and within state and federal guidelines.
• Coordinate activities related to annual Oregon Department of Education monitoring of special education and 504 programs and services.
• Update policies and procedures on file with the Oregon Department of Education; update district procedural manuals.
• Assist in the process of budget development and staffing for all special education programs.
• Maintain effective, positive communication with parents/guardians, patrons, students, and staff.
• Serve as advisor to building administrators and staff regarding special education and 504 processes and/or procedural questions.
• Respond to families’ concerns, questions, and/or complaints.
• Participate in the recruitment, screening and hiring of special education personnel.
• Assist in the evaluation of special education staff, if necessary, in collaboration with building principals.
• Assist with the development and delivery of professional development activities for special education personnel.
General Performance Requirements:
• Perform duties in a courteous, efficient, and culturally sustaining manner that builds confidence of staff, students, and the public.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with school personnel, parents/guardians, students, and the public; work collaboratively as a team member.
• Maintain regular attendance at work and work activities and is punctual in meeting deadlines, attending meetings, and following schedules.
• Carry out work responsibilities with strong organizational skills effectively under pressure of deadlines, challenging situations, interruptions, and new or emergent conditions.
• Respect confidential information and the privacy of students, staff, and families.
• Develop job skills necessary to meet changes and demands of the position and profession.
• Maintain a strong equity stance in practices and approaches to student achievement, curriculum, policy, instruction, and programs.
Applicants must hold a valid Oregon Administrative License.
Bilingual or multilingual candidates and candidates experienced in working in richly diverse school communities and environments will receive preferential consideration.
Start date: As soon as possible
To apply, please follow the link to TalentEd Recruit and Hire: https://bethelor.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3491.
For information regarding this position, please contact Amy Tidwell, Director of Special Services, via email at email@example.com, or phone (541) 689-3280.
Additional information can be found at www.bethel.k12.or.us.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled